Simon Holmes...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
To be honest I'm also in the Sky Golf needs a huge overhaul to get interest back camp.

I think Sarah, Henni etc are absolutely dire.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
To be honest I'm also in the Sky Golf needs a huge overhaul to get interest back camp.

I think Sarah, Henni etc are absolutely dire.

I'm sorry, I have to take issue with that, they're not that good.

As for Simon Holmes, quite enjoy listening to him, should make more use of him.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Henni's 30 sec slot 'hyping' the Masters last night almost made me depressed.

She lost me with her embarrassing piece defending BBC coverage of the US PGA last year, I think it was that tournament. She is not good enough as a presenter and doesn't have sufficient credibility as an ex golfer.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
She lost me with her embarrassing piece defending BBC coverage of the US PGA last year, I think it was that tournament. She is not good enough as a presenter and doesn't have sufficient credibility as an ex golfer.
Agree with this, I think she’s awful, they must be able to find someone else?

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site

agreed, her defence of the PGA coverage was as woeful as the coverage itself.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com

Heaven forbid Sky tries to get a presenter that isn't an older, retired former golfer that young people / girls can maybe relate to more. You aren't going to get someone under 35 that has had an absolute stellar career, they'd still be playing....

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Heaven forbid Sky tries to get a presenter that isn't an older, retired former golfer that young people / girls can maybe relate to more. You aren't going to get someone under 35 that has had an absolute stellar career, they'd still be playing....

I think the point was that she isn’t a good enough presenter and that her career does t make up for it.

where as for example Monty is a useless pundit, but at least has experience to draw on, or vice versa Nick Doherty isn’t of as good as standard as Monty, but is generally a decent presenter.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site

Not her credentials or demographic I question, it's her dreary tone and lack of lack of enthusiasm.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Andrew Coltart is very good.

What about someone like Thomas Levet, he always gave a good interview, a bit of charisma and what ladies don't like a French accent?

D

Deleted member 1147

When they can get him on, I think David Howell is very good, and should he want (or need) a career after he's finished playing would be very well suited to joining Sky's golf coverage.

D

Deleted member 15344

Andrew Coltart is very good.

What about someone like Thomas Levet, he always gave a good interview, a bit of charisma and what ladies don't like a French accent?

Agree about Coltart , really good , same with Howell , Dougherty and even Morgan - enjoy him

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with all of the suggestions on this page.

They did a Masters Breakfast a couple of years ago, maybe last year as well. It was David Howell, Nick Dougherty and Rob Lee. They worked really well together and the programme was very good. I'd be incorporating all three, obviously Howell is dependent on his playing career, into the main team and easing some others out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agree with all of the suggestions on this page.

They did a Masters Breakfast a couple of years ago, maybe last year as well. It was David Howell, Nick Dougherty and Rob Lee. They worked really well together and the programme was very good. I'd be incorporating all three, obviously Howell is dependent on his playing career, into the main team and easing some others out.

Definitely a good team that seemed very natural together. Not a fan of Coltart tries to hard to be funny and brings very little in terms of insightful commentary. Doesn't seem to gel with any other commentators when doing his stint and very poor interviewer

Heathlander

Visit site
Was introduced to Simon by a friend of mine that knows him very well. Aside from being a really good teacher, he is very strong on the mental side of the game too. I'd happily have a lesson/session with him.