shoulder surgery

kwvolz

Visit site
I am trying to get feedback from anyone who has had reverse shoulder replacement surgery and their experience in trying to resume golfing. I am four months out from surgery and rehab...

tcalhoun3

Visit site
I'm a right handed 14 index 70 year old golfer that just had a total reverse left shoulder replacement late December 2023. I went through 2 months of PT and am back to swimming 1000 yds. daily and working on chipping and putting. I see my Doc end of the month and hope to be cleared for full swings after 5 months post-surgery. Are there are others that have had the same surgery that can let me know how to proceed once cleared? I am thinking about some golf lessons at MCAS Miramar where the instructors have had experience with wounded warriors who have many joint replacements and other physical limitations. Hope to hear some success stories and other experiences with the rebuilt shoulders out there.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Last week the GP said I had a "frozen shoulder!" I was unable to lift my arm above horizontal and ir hurt like crazy. She referred me for physio, which nhs-wise is a many month wait.

Ive been doing lots of exercises and the mobility has improved. Went to the range yesterday and couldn't make a full swing. Got a Sports Massage booked for later today. Hope that works as heading to Saunton in the morning for a two dayer!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week the GP said I had a "frozen shoulder!" I was unable to lift my arm above horizontal and ir hurt like crazy. She referred me for physio, which nhs-wise is a many month wait.

Ive been doing lots of exercises and the mobility has improved. Went to the range yesterday and couldn't make a full swing. Got a Sports Massage booked for later today. Hope that works as heading to Saunton in the morning for a two dayer!

Can't see that putting itself right, not anytime soon

Had issues with both my shoulders now, rotator cuff, 1st one, several years ago now, months of physio, which didn't help, then GP finally injected the area...cortisone, steroid .
No real issues since

2nd shoulder
New GP at surgery, different outlook, happy to inject me without the months of physio I had to endure 1st time round (that didn't help) as I was aware of the symptoms quicker this time.
Was Injected this year
But think I'm going to have to go back for another, as after the initial ease, is now back to square one
They generally inject from.2 directions, so the GP did say, if didn't sort it, he'd go at it from the other angle next time