Should those in the public eye resign for breaking lockdown rules?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just ignoring something major let's things fester and eats away at the trust of relationships, and this is one that's festering in the relationship between the people and our government.
If he had at least apologised and shown some remorse it would probably have dribbled away.
As it is, I don't feel so inclined to follow exactly the guidleines now and will make my own "judgement call" on things. If he hasn't done anything wrong, neither can I or anyone else.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it is, I don't feel so inclined to follow exactly the guidleines now and will make my own "judgement call" on things. If he hasn't done anything wrong, neither can I or anyone else.
As have many for months now. It only puts pressure on others and for what purpose? How does that help reduce infection? Two wrongs don't make a right, particularly where the health of others is involved.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As have many for months now. It only puts pressure on others and for what purpose? How does that help reduce infection? Two wrongs don't make a right, particularly where the health of others is involved.
No they don't, but then I'm not a high profile advisor to the leader of the country and Government, nor wealthy enough to own 2 homes at diffenet ends of the country.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Dominic Cummings is getting an easier ride here than a Patrick Read. And Read moving a little sand in a bunker has no chance of harming anyone else.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No they don't, but then I'm not a high profile advisor to the leader of the country and Government, nor wealthy enough to own 2 homes at diffenet ends of the country.
We all have a head between our shoulders though and can make decisions based on what we think to be right or wrong.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, if some far eastern president takes bribes it's ok for the rest of us?
I wasn't aware that Cummings owns the property in Durham.

D

Deleted member 16999

So, if some far eastern president takes bribes it's ok for the rest of us?
I wasn't aware that Cummings owns the property in Durham.
Apparently it’s his name on the deeds on the property and not his fathers, not sure if left out on purpose as travel to 2nd home was not allowed.