Should those in the public eye resign for breaking lockdown rules?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes and sighting me in it. Just drop it man.
Do not use public forums if you do not want words you use being used by others.
Either take it to a private forum or drop the victim act, I am not interested and will ignore all future posts by you.

If I then comment on a thread and you have been part of that debate, please be assurred the world is not revolving around you or hanging on every word.

Paul and Socket

Pack it in the both of you, you have both had warnings recently , the next step will be an infraction

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that Cummings shows no respect in the way he dresses whilst attending Downing Street, so why would we think he would show respect for rules?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
1) Imagine the committee Members preferring their lie.
2) Then telling the rest of the membership that it’s not allowed .
Then the committee members keep doing it anyway.
He is making up the rules for us but they don’t apply to him.
1) I wouldn't require his resignation or sacking from the committee
2) I would ask for an explanation and justification
3) I would require his resignation or sacking from the committee

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not sure what going on with her, whe the story broke she was staright into deflect mode and made plenty of excuses for DC, then appears to have got the bit between her teeth and going for the jugular from his Press conf omwards??
All over the show Patrick.

An absolute shambles

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
not sure what going on with her, whe the story broke she was staright into deflect mode and made plenty of excuses for DC, then appears to have got the bit between her teeth and going for the jugular from his Press conf omwards??

Just perhaps her "sources" gave her some advice on how she might affect future 'inside' information.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Said it before but I think she is in a difficult position. In that her and Peston are the people that the conservatives 'leak' information to and she then tweets these leaks out. People then sometimes take that as her opinion, when it is in fact a controlled leak from a source she has got and a lot of the time she is doing her job of delivering what she sees as 'news', not withstanding the fact that it has been spun to her. But then again show me some news nowadays that has not been spun in some way.

I agree that she should sometimes stop and consider if she is being played by the Tories where they use her as their unofficial mouthpiece. But then again that may mean she no longer gets access to the very top in government which will harm her career. Just about every time she is quoting a source who has an agenda, she is not saying that she always believes in that spin. In fact if you read her blogs on the BBC web site she comes across as pretty neutral. It is just that there are literally thousands of people on twitter just waiting for her to tweet anything given to her by her sources and pile in as they believe it is her opinion.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Said it before but I think she is in a difficult position. In that her and Peston are the people that the conservatives 'leak' information to and she then tweets these leaks out. People then sometimes take that as her opinion, when it is in fact a controlled leak from a source she has got and a lot of the time she is doing her job of delivering what she sees as 'news', not withstanding the fact that it has been spun to her. But then again show me some news nowadays that has not been spun in some way.

I agree that she should sometimes stop and consider if she is being played by the Tories where they use her as their unofficial mouthpiece. But then again that may mean she no longer gets access to the very top in government which will harm her career. Just about every time she is quoting a source who has an agenda, she is not saying that she always believes in that spin. In fact if you read her blogs on the BBC web site she comes across as pretty neutral. It is just that there are literally thousands of people on twitter just waiting for her to tweet anything given to her by her sources and pile in as they believe it is her opinion.
what about the way she was staright in to defend DC, when it broke thats not leaking a story?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow.
Guy does wrong
Guy gets caught
Friends get him off the hook
He has not been sacked and will not resign.
Move on, it's a lovely day.
Oh look quick over there is that a squirrel I see...........
Folk will move on when the story ends........story is still going strong despite Johnson desperately trying to cover up his involvement.
Tory Party are still talking about the Calderwood case [how long ago was that :unsure: ]
Cummings situation was much more serious than Calderwood's
Remember she had the grace to apologise and resigned.

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Oh look quick over there is that a squirrel I see...........
Folk will move on when the story ends........story is still going strong despite Johnson desperately trying to cover up his involvement.
Tory Party are still talking about the Calderwood case [how long ago was that :unsure: ]
Cummings situation was much more serious than Calderwood's
Remember she had the grace to apologise and resigned.
I think the devil maybe wearing a woolly hat today, because for once I'm in total agreement with Doon... I'm off for a lie down.

Just ignoring something major let's things fester and eats away at the trust of relationships, and this is one that's festering in the relationship between the people and our government.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I think the devil maybe wearing a woolly hat today, because for once I'm in total agreement with Doon... I'm off for a lie down.

Just ignoring something major let's things fester and eats away at the trust of relationships, and this is one that's festering in the relationship between the people and our government.

No-one said ignore it and it will only fester if you let it.
You can ignore it (wrong)
Become obsessed by it (equally wrong)
Or give you're opinion and move on.
I for one prefer the latter.
It's still a nice day