Should of broke 80 today

G1z1

Visit site
I was playing this morning and i did feel as if i was playing well but not amazing, big difference today was my putting was very good. Get to the 16th tee box and im putting my score in on my watch from the previous hole and noticed i was 7 over after 15 holes.
So its starting to sink in im on for breaking 80, last week the best score ive had at my local was 17 over and beat that on Wednesday by going 15 over. So 16th i get another par onto 17th hit a dodgy drive but its in play and 200 yards from pin. Just decided to play safe and hit a 7 iron and i shanked it OMG i wanted to snap the club next shot also a bad one got a 7 on the 17th and then double bogey on the 18th. Shot 12 over and my best score but i was so disappointed :(

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Frustrating, but it happens. It’s why we’re handicap golfers!

My eclectic round my home course is 25 under gross, but my best round is 2 over. I’ll keep plugging away though…….

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome to my world. Still haven't broken 80 but I've shot 80 three times in the last few months. It's usually putts that sting when I think back though, always a missed tap-in or one that was one more roll from dropping.

G1z1

Visit site
Funny game this golf shot +11 today but it was very different from yesterday’s game. I didn’t feel close to breaking 80 but had a very good back 9 after being 7 over on the front 9

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never look or think about your score, that is sure to put you under pressure.

All you can do is play your next shot so concentrate on that alone.

You'll get there. ?

Crumplezone

Visit site
Justice is served! For the cringeworthy thread title!

FWIW, I'm pretty sure something very similar has happened (or will happen) to almost all members of the forum! Welcome to Golf!!

Yes. Learning the difference between of and have will definitely improve anyone's game.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Justice is served! For the cringeworthy thread title!

FWIW, I'm pretty sure something very similar has happened (or will happen) to almost all members of the forum! Welcome to Golf!!

yup but unlike Dando I swore like a bloody trooper.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I have broken 80 quite often....but never off Newport's white tees in a comp. Several 82s 81s etc....so that's my goal for next season.

I was once stood on the 12th tee of Trethorne, level par gross... it was get colder and windier as we progressed and I finished 4 over. Was a bit deflated, but would have massively pleased if offered that on the 1st tee!

Silly game!

tobybarker

Visit site
I hate myself for even thinking this, let alone typing it, but I have not read the original post due to the terrible English usage within the title. Sorry.

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hate rounds like this. I had a 8ft putt on 18 for my first ever level par round and missed it. So although I shot a 1 over and a joint best round I walked off in a right paddy!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hate rounds like this. I had a 8ft putt on 18 for my first ever level par round and missed it. So although I shot a 1 over and a joint best round I walked off in a right paddy!

A couple of years ago I was stood on the 18th having never had a round where I have not had at least one double bogey. 17 holes double bogey free. Last hole It’s a par 5, I came off with a 7. I was livid.