Should I ...

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sell my Ping G15 driver, and buy a RBZ tour spoon (13 degree). I don't need the extra distance around my course that a driver gives and currently have nothing between a driver and a 2 iron.

The driver isn't right for me, I bought it to ease me back into the game after 4 years off, but the shaft is too whippy and it is the 'draw' model which I'd like to get away from. I'll probably get rid of the driver regardless, but can't afford to buy a driver and fairway at the moment.

Apologies, I'm sure you get this all the time.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like that i3 - will keep a watch! Only issue is I get slightly distracted by new pretty clubs and so could end up looking again in a couple of months. Would like to be able to stick with something for a while :(

Half sold on the idea of the RBZ 13 degree as I don't think I'd lose too much distance but will give me an option of t'floor? Although I've heard a few people say they've struggled to hit them of the deck?

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't got a tour version, just standard 15 degree. But it's the easiest 3 wood I have ever owned to hit off the deck, been through 3 or 4 as I couldn't hit them off the fairway.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven't got a tour version, just standard 15 degree. But it's the easiest 3 wood I have ever owned to hit off the deck, been through 3 or 4 as I couldn't hit them off the fairway.

Sounds good, think I'm gonna take the plunge. Gonna try and find a direct / american golf to give one a try first though I think!

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah always best to have a hit before buying from online or something. Another big lesson I have learned in the past. Brought and sold so many clubs due to them looking nice but me just not getting on with them. I do have a very big soft spot for a nice shiny new club.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jeeze, just had a look at nearest shops with a range around here (West London) ... Think it will be cheaper to buy blind and resell than get a train out to some of these places?!?!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My RBZ 3 Wood is long off the tee, the quality of strike and penetrating ball flight often makes it longer than my driver. It is a dream off the deck as well, I hit a 510 yard par five green in two with it recently.