Shooting your age

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a guy who did it in a comp at the age of 86. Everyone was so pleased for him.

chrisd - you must be really crap if you haven't done it yet at the age you look .... ;)

Pahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Respect to you Jim, shooting your age is one of golf's major achievements for us amateurs :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We had a guy who did it in a comp at the age of 86. Everyone was so pleased for him.

chrisd - you must be really crap if you haven't done it yet at the age you look .... ;)

I've had plastic surgery to try and look like you Shark, thus how it ended - I still look the younger 😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A guy at my club has just done it for the second time. 79. He did it before, a couple of years ago.
That brings the interesting question of what exact age makes it the pinnacle achievement. i.e. your man there has done it with a worse score, but he's older, so is it more or less impressive? Is it more impressive to be a 70 year-old shooting 70, or a 90-year-old shooting 90? I'm not sure. Food for thought anyway.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
That brings the interesting question of what exact age makes it the pinnacle achievement. i.e. your man there has done it with a worse score, but he's older, so is it more or less impressive? Is it more impressive to be a 70 year-old shooting 70, or a 90-year-old shooting 90? I'm not sure. Food for thought anyway.

Defo a 53 year old shooting 53!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suspect amongst good golfers the former is far more common, physical performance tends to fall quite steeply in the 80's.
I suspect for the good in golfers who remain physically fit there is a 'sweet spot' in the mid to late 70's.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My late FIL did it a couple of times in his 70s.

Sadly I never got to see him play as he was crippled with arthritis when I got to know him, but I've been told he was a hell of a player.