Sherwood Forest GC

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never played it but know people who have and were not disapointed said it was a quality course.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
A pro I once had a lesson with was telling me how he'd played it the weekend before. He thoroughly recommended it, and suggested that if I am ever in the area I should play it. I certainly haven't forgotten his recommendation and intend to have a knock there at some point. Unfortunately I can't give you a first hand account of what it is like but as with Doh, I can tell you it is definitely a respected track. Enjoy if you have a round planned.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I played there in September with teegirl and enjoyed the course very much.
The clubhouse on the other hand was a bit "fussy"
Lots of locked doors with combinations to get in and out of.
You weren't allowed to walk in front of the clubhouse to get to the first tee, instead a long detour through the car park. very strange.
But the pro shop and course were very good, which is the main thing.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's just round the corner from the armpit of the universe and at the arse-end of nowhere, but don't be put off, it's a bloody good track. (But before you castigate me about my thoughts on its location,, I was raised within spitting distance of it...)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks chaps, sorting out my plans for next year and saw they are holding the Logan Trophy there. Missed out on it last year because it was held up @ Siloth which was too much of a nightmare to get to.

The only bad comments I've heard about it is that it is too tough around the back 9!! In their website blurb there are 3 or 4 hole descriptions where it says "not unusual for players to putt off the green!!" Might have to look for the cashmere putter insert. :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can't help with an account of it, but I wouldn't mind having a bash round if you need someone to make a group up once the temperature's a bit more sensible :)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played in the EGU County Boys Finals there a few moons back and it is a superb track.Make sure you play it!

Didn't encounter any of Bobs problems the 3 days we played there.