Sheffield Course Recommendations

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent golf course in or around Sheffield?

This will be on the 10th October for 5 or 6 golfers of varying ability (single figures to mid 20's hcp). Obviously with the time of the year drainage could be an issue, so if any are known to play well in the wet that would be a bonus.

Would also ideally need buggies as one of the group struggles with his back.

Thanks in advance ?

HeftyHacker

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent golf course in or around Sheffield?

This will be on the 10th October for 5 or 6 golfers of varying ability (single figures to mid 20's hcp). Obviously with the time of the year drainage could be an issue, so if any are known to play well in the wet that would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance ?

HeftyHacker
Well - if The Hallamshire is good enough for Matt Fitzpatrick then it's good enough for me :)

Not far down the road in Chesterfield - Walton (Chesterfield) Golf Club is a really nice track. And of course much less expensive in the Chesterfield area is Tapton Park (public) course - fine for a knock.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Well - if The Hallamshire is good enough for Matt Fitzpatrick then it's good enough for me :)

Not far down the road in Chesterfield - Walton (Chesterfield) Golf Club is a really nice track. And of course much less expensive in the Chesterfield area is Tapton Park (public) course - fine for a knock.

Brilliant, thanks for the reply. I'll check them out!

Simonsmh

Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks in advance ?

HeftyHacker

The Hallamshire all day long. I was a member here and it’s a great track. Probably one of the toughest first three holes in the UK.

At nearly 1000ft above sea level there are some incredible views over the Peak District, but a consequence of its height is the wind! It’s not a long course but if the wind blows in can be one hell of a test.... There is a reason Fitz it’s so good in the wind and the Hallamshire is it.

Simonsmh

Visit site
The Hallamshire all day long. I was a member here and it’s a great track. Probably one of the toughest first three holes in the UK.

At nearly 1000ft above sea level there are some incredible views over the Peak District, but a consequence of its height is the wind! It’s not a long course but if the wind blows in can be one hell of a test.... There is a reason Fitz it’s so good in the wind and the Hallamshire is it.

https://www.hallamshiregolfclub.co.uk/course/course-tour/hole/6/