Sharpro Grips

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thinking of getting my clubs re-gripped with multi-compounds for the new season.

The local driving range only does Sharpro grips, is there any difference between these and Golf pride apart from the price?

thanks

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few folk I know stuck them on as they were pretty cheap they hardly lasted 3 months. Buy the grips yourself and stick them on it is easy and plus you dont have to use somewhere that only has a limited supply/stock.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just ordered myself some sharpro grips from Gamola for £2.29 each. My pro will fit them for nothing so its only just over £25 even if they are no good, worth a shot I think.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
thanks chaps

i'll give it a go myself, just looked at a few video's onyou tube on how to do it, doesn't look to hard, i guess i can't do much damage if i get it wrong

:thup:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Random question: can I get extra layers of grip tape put under my current grips? Or is it a case of you need to cut the old grips off to get them off the club?

My grips are still in pretty good nick but I need some extra thickness.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found the Sharpro grips to be evry bit as good as the Golf Pride but a little thinner.
You may need an extra layer of tape.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers fellas. Will get my local pro to do it. Should work out cheaper than a brand new full set of Golf Pride Multi Compounds (would have to have the blue and black Mizuno ones, obviously ;))

Tim, apologies for the thread hjiack!

Miles

Medal Winner
Visit site
Az, to remove grips you just need patience, a clamp (not always needed but helps) and something like this.....

http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/V-Groove_Grip_Remover.html

I do all my own club-work and it saves money and time. I must admit, some grip's (golf pride ndmc's) take longer to remove than others but it's not rocket science. :)
  • take your club and tease the edge of grip up using appropriate tool, poor in some club solvent and slowly insert the tool above.
  • work the tool around the grip inserting more solvent as you go.
  • when I get the tool near the bottom of the grip I clamp the club in my vice (I have a proper shaft clamp not the pant's rubber one's on ebay) and twist the grip off by hand.
There's so much information on the net to do most club-work yourself. I've changed/pulled shafts, changed grips and pured/spine aligned shafts myself recently. This would have set me back over £200, for the sake of a few evenings in the garage. Not trying to blow my own horn or anything but over my golfing lifetime it's going to save me ££'s. All, it takes is to buy a £5 club on ebay and practice on that.

Hope this helps,
Miles

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Az, to remove grips you just need patience, a clamp (not always needed but helps) and something like this.....

http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/V-Groove_Grip_Remover.html

I do all my own club-work and it saves money and time. I must admit, some grip's (golf pride ndmc's) take longer to remove than others but it's not rocket science. :)
  • take your club and tease the edge of grip up using appropriate tool, poor in some club solvent and slowly insert the tool above.
  • work the tool around the grip inserting more solvent as you go.
  • when I get the tool near the bottom of the grip I clamp the club in my vice (I have a proper shaft clamp not the pant's rubber one's on ebay) and twist the grip off by hand.
There's so much information on the net to do most club-work yourself. I've changed/pulled shafts, changed grips and pured/spine aligned shafts myself recently. This would have set me back over £200, for the sake of a few evenings in the garage. Not trying to blow my own horn or anything but over my golfing lifetime it's going to save me ££'s. All, it takes is to buy a £5 club on ebay and practice on that.

Hope this helps,
Miles

Cheers mate. I'd love to do all my own work, but living in a flat means I don't really have anywhere to do it. Once I have a garage I will probably undertake it myself. Would much rather it be that way.

You're not based anywhere near gloucester are you? :D