Shape Control - Sanity Check

A

Alex1975

Agree with you to some extent and I think I would struggle to play 4 different shot shapes on demand by altering club face and path.

What I CAN do, is hit a reasonably consistent very soft push draw. I want to work on making it even more consistent but it's certainly my standard shot (Ok, ok..... 6 iron and up..... anything longer and I just hope to keep it straight!).

I can do this without measuring the clubface angle at address. It's just a 'feeling' for me.

I don't doubt the physics either but to be honest, I don't really want to understand it!

you already understand them, you just don't need to get transfixed with the numbers.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not trying to hit a draw, trying to hit my target. I am not over the top, Steve knows I can get over the top but I am aware how to not be, this post is not about that move. I guess I am starting the ball straight and its finishing left. Both my pro and Steve`s pro have told me its a good shot shape just started in the wrong place and both have said I need a bit of guts and release the ball more right.

Bob, I am nervous about getting to closed to the target as it seems a little bit of a cheap way to play a golf shot. Its going to be tough to get my feet closed, hips square and shoulders open innit?

Think im not necessarily making clear what I mean mate and sorry for talking about the over the top but I think it is highly integral to where you are starting the ball. There is an inherent over the top move in your swing, esp with the driver, albeit a much smaller one than used to be there. This move is a huge contributor to your clubhead path in the swing and a decent part of the reason why you struggle to start the ball right of your intended target (without having the clubface inordinately open).

When the arms better Ill put it on film and try and show you exactly what I mean, dont think im explaining it too well in words