Shafts ball flight and purring

Can someone confirm please if you have an oban devotion 6 shaft which is a mid launch low spin what ball fight will that give you -
And does purring make a massive difference to say a 12 handicapper like me ?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I recently had a set of irons built. the club maker aligned all the spines in the set, and frequency matched them, as that is the only way he will build clubs.

he is currently sorting the shafts in hybrid to driver (I had good heads but the wrong flex shafts). he will spine align these too - it's not costing me any more.

I watched him when he was trying to find the spine in a potential driver shaft (not mine) - he reckons that he rejects up to 10% of some makes of shafts because they are so bad. (he's pretty scathing about a number of mainstream manufacturers)

off 22 I don't notice the difference, my swing isn't consistent enough, unless having less dispersion is the difference. I do know that any off-line shots are going to be down to me.

Where is thi sguy based ? Can you give me his details please. May be worth a phone call

Thanks
Gary

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reckon that with a high quality shaft such as an Oban, it is not necessary and you will not notice a blind bit of difference. I have had some SST Pured shafts and I could still hook the bejasus out of them as much as any other. But if it makes you feel more confident, fine.