Shaft questions

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Silly questions time :)

- what is the typical difference in length between a 3 wood and a 5 wood shaft?

- when we say that the shaft length is 44", how is that measured? Is that the shaft pulled from the club length or the measurement to the ferrule when in the club etc?

Only asking as I'm keeping an eye on an Oban shaft but its currently in a 5 wood and I want to put it in my 3 wood :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Normally 0,5 inches difference.

Length depends on how it's measured - could even (most likely in fact) be measured from where the sole sits on the ground. If it's 44", that's long for a 5 wood.

If it ends up too short, you can always use an extension.

I had a shaft from a 5 wood in a 3 wood without an extension and it played fine.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sorry just to clarify the shaft length at 44" was just for the example. No idea what the 5 wood has been cut too. :)

Should be an interesting experiment. An oban low launch, low spin shaft in an adams f11 3 wood head.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Certainly seen the Kiyoshi Purple used effectively in 3 woods.

Devotion (7?) seems to be used mainly in Drivers.

Wind cheater? specially for links?

T

thecraw

Sorry just to clarify the shaft length at 44" was just for the example. No idea what the 5 wood has been cut too. :)

Should be an interesting experiment. An oban low launch, low spin shaft in an adams f11 3 wood head.

I have the Oban Devotion in my 3 wood. If you want to hook up at the Glasgow Golf Academy one night your welcome to have a bash.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
If its in a 5 wood now, don't forget it will have (probably) been tipped to suit a 5 wood so you really need to get the length spot on if your going to put in a 3 wood or else it will be even lower flying/spinning than you might want!!