shaft Question

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
anyone know the difference a cat 1 player could see between the following shafts

Stiff Diamana Kai'li 64g in a 9.5*

Stiff Diamana Ilima 58g in a 10.5*

same head.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
anyone know the difference a cat 1 player could see between the following shafts

Stiff Diamana Kai'li 64g in a 9.5*

Stiff Diamana Ilima 58g in a 10.5*

same head.

Same head? - one says 9.5, the other 10.5.

The Ilima will go higher, and I expect a Cat 1 player would see that. It may also feel a bit softer, so if the player has hookish tendencies, they may surface with it.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Same head? - one says 9.5, the other 10.5.

The Ilima will go higher, and I expect a Cat 1 player would see that. It may also feel a bit softer, so if the player has hookish tendencies, they may surface with it.

Thanks, I meant same head make but as loft is the biggest factor affecting launch I expected a higher launch. I do have hookish tendencies so thats that one out, I just like the weight, but I might try and get the new Kai'li which is lighter than the lighter blue old one.
One hell of a lot of difference I would say. X-stiff in a 9.5 compared to a Regular in a 10.5. They would go like totally different clubs.

they are both stiff :confused:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks, I meant same head make but as loft is the biggest factor affecting launch I expected a higher launch. I do have hookish tendencies so thats that one out, I just like the weight, but I might try and get the new Kai'li which is lighter than the lighter blue old one.

they are both stiff :confused:

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=ndia_kaili&lang=en

http://www.mitsubishirayongolf.com/product.php?cmd=ndia_ilima&lang=en

Check out the website Darth. A 64g Kai'li is an X-stiff. A 58g ilima is a regular.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't look at the flex by weight, assuming these were the same notional flex. An Ilima will play softer than a Kaili of the same apparent flex. It will also launch higher and spin more.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Was not trying to high jack your thread, just wanted to point it out to you mate............:thup:

I didnt think you were, I'm grateful of the input plus you've noticed something I missed, X stiff doesnt suit me for a driver so I wont be buying that one and will find a 61g Kai'Li which is Stiff. You've just saved me buying a new mistake, even the pro didnt mention it. Thanks :cheers:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have the ilima shaft in my 910 and its definately noticeable that it launches higher than the kai'li, I can't say I've noticed excess spin though.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
now I'm more confused, looking at the Titleist website here http://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/drivers/910D2.aspx click shafts and it has the 64 gram at stiff.........
I think I now need to go somewhere that has these shafts and just try them, the stats on the websites are very confusing

+1 on that! Go somewhere where you can try the two shafts in the same head for a proper comparison - anything else is just guess work and could lead to a dent in the wallet that doesn't improve your game!

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went up to Philips golf in newcastle and tried a few "made for" shafts they had in their spares fitting bag and found that every shaft launched the ball very differently in my machspeed. I was consistent with each shaft in that some always sliced, some launched very high and others very low, but always the same result with each shaft

I've brought away a shaft I NEVER EVER thought I'd get on with, an aldila voodoo stiff which I was getting good dispersion and distance compared to the axivcore that was in my machspeed. Hopefully the best £20 I'll spend on a driver

Best advice from me is go somewhere and hit some balls with some demo models and failing that go forms fitting

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
I went up to Philips golf in newcastle and tried a few "made for" shafts they had in their spares fitting bag and found that every shaft launched the ball very differently in my machspeed. I was consistent with each shaft in that some always sliced, some launched very high and others very low, but always the same result with each shaft

I've brought away a shaft I NEVER EVER thought I'd get on with, an aldila voodoo stiff which I was getting good dispersion and distance compared to the axivcore that was in my machspeed. Hopefully the best £20 I'll spend on a driver

Best advice from me is go somewhere and hit some balls with some demo models and failing that go forms fitting

Do you want it building properly!

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the offer Nicky but its a Str8 fit, unscrew one and screw in the new one. It had never been out of the bag and still had its shrink wrapping on it. Not the reason I bought it but that was an added bonus. I'm not expecting miracles as ideally I would like a higher lofted driver and custom shaft but only when funds permit.

When fund do allow, I can sell my driver for what I paid and take the plunge

T

thecraw

If its for your Rapture you'll need a 0.350 tip or a shim.

If your looking at the Kai'li have a look into the UST Mamiya shaft I'm punting. Good strong mid/low launch shaft.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
cheers fellas, it would be for a Titleist head, either 910 or maybe 913 if they can come down in price.

Yes I've been messing with Raptures and its an excellent driver but as its all in the engine I need to find the shaft that suits me, alwyas been a Titleist fan since a boy so thats where I'm looking now.

Best time over winter to tweak and fiddle and hopefully be ready for the new season, only 3.5mths away :whoo: