Shaft Query - R300 vs S300

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry, but that is miles off. Whilst they weight sort Dynamic Golds, the profile of the shafts will be different. In the blanks or in any discrete iron shaft, the tip section in the regular will be 2" longer than the tip section in the stiff and the butt section will be 2" shorter in the regular than the butt section in the stiff. To suggest that the flex is determined by the weight is wrong; the flex is determined by the step pattern, the weight only determines the sub-flex

I think Ethan's reply was worded in a rather condescending way. Yes TT weight sort their shaft. However I believe that you are also wrong. The step distances are the same. The main difference is that the distance to the first "step" at the butt end of the club is a greater distance from the top and subsequently the last step distance is shorter making the flex play softer.

There is not a lot of difference between S300 & R300 so soft or hard stepping them to get something in between is difficult. From experience and memory there is only 5 or 6 CPM between them.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think Ethan's reply was worded in a rather condescending way. Yes TT weight sort their shaft. However I believe that you are also wrong. The step distances are the same. The main difference is that the distance to the first "step" at the butt end of the club is a greater distance from the top and subsequently the last step distance is shorter making the flex play softer.

There is not a lot of difference between S300 & R300 so soft or hard stepping them to get something in between is difficult. From experience and memory there is only 5 or 6 CPM between them.

Here's a cut & paste of the step table that used to be on True Temper's website;

Product Tip to 1st Step (Inches) Step Pattern (From Tip in Inches) Overall Length

Dynamic Gold R300 12.125 9 @ 1.875, 2 @ 3.0 41
Dynamic Gold S300 10.125 9 @ 1.875, 2 @ 3.0 41

The tip section on the R300 is 2" longer than the tip section on the S300, so on the same length shaft with the same step pattern in-between the butt section on the R300 will be 2" shorter than the butt section on the S300.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Here's a cut & paste of the step table that used to be on True Temper's website;

Product Tip to 1st Step (Inches) Step Pattern (From Tip in Inches) Overall Length

Dynamic Gold R300 12.125 9 @ 1.875, 2 @ 3.0 41
Dynamic Gold S300 10.125 9 @ 1.875, 2 @ 3.0 41

The tip section on the R300 is 2" longer than the tip section on the S300, so on the same length shaft with the same step pattern in-between the butt section on the R300 will be 2" shorter than the butt section on the S300.

Hey, so I was close, just got it the wrong way round. Thanks for sharing and correcting me. Appreciate that.

:thup: