Shaft length reduction

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anybody had the shaft length reduced on their fairways or driver? Im considering 3/4" off my R11s maybe even more. I know the shaft may be stiffer but i think that would be better.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Has anybody had the shaft length reduced? I know the shaft may be stiffer but i think that would be better.

Shaft length reduction??? No way! I suffer in silence.......... :whistle:

Last edited:

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The shafts on the the R11s and RBZ are just too long imo. Id suffer a small bit of distance for more control anyday!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I don't think it's as big an issue as some people make it. I know loads of people who've chopped their driver and hit it better as they find the sweetspot a little more often.

If it just so happens you don't hit it well just sell it to a shorter person and tell 'em it came that length :p

Minhoca

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How do you strike the ball if you choke down the grip?

Much better TBH.. Much more control. Especially with the driver as my shaft is 45.5 and 55g. When i hit the rescue i cream it from any lie because the shaft is a controllable length.

If it just so happens you don't hit it well just sell it to a shorter person and tell 'em it came that length :p

I may know a midget actually :rofl:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anybody had the shaft length reduced on their fairways or driver? Im considering 3/4" off my R11s maybe even more. I know the shaft may be stiffer but i think that would be better.

i put another shaft in rbz and it was shorter, and works for me length wise. just happens to be the same length as the callaway razr fit drivers (check their specs compared to TM):thup: also reduced my TM 3 wood down to callaway specs, works for me