Shaft Experts - UST AXIVCORE shaft in X Stiff - any thoughts?

S

Snelly

Hi,

I found a Titleist Driver with this shaft that I am interested in on eBay. Anyone know anything about them?

I don't know what my swing speed is. All I can say is my current driver has an Aldila VS Proto 65 S in it and it goes a long way and is straight.

Why change? No idea and no reason to. Just never had a Titleist driver and want one.

Thanks in advance for any tips on the shaft.

Snelly.

T

thecraw

As far as I'm aware it'll play quite a bit stiffer than your current VS Proto. These UST shafts are quite stiff anyway. I'm sure the resident expert will be along soon enough!

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
I have the regular in this shaft and a few of my friends who play S flex commented that my driver while not just as stiff as their own was not too much away and most certainly not like a normal regular.

Whether all their flexes are stiffer than std or mine was just a one off freak i dont know.

S

Snelly

Shaft is black near the grip, then a small grey band with the rest of it being bright yellow....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It might help it might not, but comparing how far you hit it to me I'd say your swing speed was 105-110 ish.

Sorry I know nothing about shafts :eek:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
sounds like the tour black shaft, if so it is listed as a high launch but low spin shaft and comes in light (69g) or medium weight (79g), aimed at the better player who wants a higher launch, compared to your current shaft it should play a bit stiffer but hit the ball higher

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As said by others, various Axivcore shafts available, and at X flex, could be one of the standard ones or an aftermarket or Tour van variant.

As a general rule, the 'real' Axivcores play true to flex, i.e. they are not particularly soft, and to be fair, so are the VS Protos, so I would concur with the view that going from the VS Proto in S to any Axiv in X, especially if it a bit heavier than the VS, is a distinct step up in stiffness.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As far as I am aware, the shaft comes in red, blue or black. These give different launches, by colour. He colour is in the logo, as all shafts are predominately yellow. X will be flipping stiff in all of them though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As far as I am aware, the shaft comes in red, blue or black. These give different launches, by colour. He colour is in the logo, as all shafts are predominately yellow. X will be flipping stiff in all of them though.

Close, Black, Red and Green. All the shafts look pretty similar unless you examine the script on them. All come in 69 and 79 g weights.

If you want to know which UST shaft fits you best, this is not a bad start:
http://www.ustmamiya.com/swingfit/