Sex discrimination in golf

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Like many on here I see your posts and try to ignore them, just occasionally I feel the need to say what I feel when I read something you've written. I do the same when Phil gets on his high horse but let's be fair, you dont give a stuff what anybody thinks of your views and debating with you is pointless.
I asked the question to understand why Phil doesn’t think it’s ok to challenge established norms at golf clubs.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why do you need your replies to be validated? People that have liked those posts clearly see some merit to my points. Maybe ask them because I’m not in the habit of explaining my every thought to someone who is just trying to be argumentative in the typical “play the man, not the ball” way.
I don’t need my points validated, but if I was directly responded to and had my post questioned I’d at least explain my point or apologise if I was wrong.

As for taking posters liking your post as somehow seeing some merit in said post and not them “playing the man” (who your post is about) is forum gold.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I don’t need my points validated, but if I was directly responded to and had my post questioned I’d at least explain my point or apologise if I was wrong.

As for taking posters liking your post as somehow seeing some merit in said post and not them “playing the man” (who your post is about) is forum gold.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good emojis. Cheers.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
A private club near me has a poster at the entrance with the message 'Get into golf' with pictures of men, women and kids.
Let's make golf totally inclusive and throw away the exclusivity still enjoyed by many courses which belongs to a different age.
Introduce trial memberships for all if they haven't already done so.
But I hear some of you say, we need membership limits, we need high standards, little people don't know how to behave, they might hack our precious course to pieces and become disruptive.
To that I say, just throw them out if they do.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I asked the question to understand why Phil doesn’t think it’s ok to challenge established norms at golf clubs.

That has nothing to do with why I posted.

I commented on Paul's quite correct view that your posting style is designed to, and I quote, "kellfire’s motivation is once again to put others down by trying to look clever" and was nothing to do with the substance of the argument with Phil.

You just come across as a poor mans Ethan

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Kellfire asked a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner.

The outrage is laughable considering many people think that blatant discrimination is okay, as long as you discriminate against a whole group of people. And that its fine if it says so in the club rules.

I wonder which forum members have been or are committee members who make these rules?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That has nothing to do with why I posted.

I commented on Paul's quite correct view that your posting style is designed to, and I quote, "kellfire’s motivation is once again to put others down by trying to look clever" and was nothing to do with the substance of the argument with Phil.

You just come across as a poor mans Ethan
I think this is the definition of playing the man and not the ball. It doesn’t matter what I say, you always look for offence in it. That must be tiring.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kellfire asked a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner.

The outrage is laughable considering many people think that blatant discrimination is okay, as long as you discriminate against a whole group of people. And that its fine if it says so in the club rules.

I wonder which forum members have been or are committee members who make these rules?
There’s no outrage, so please let’s not over react.
I’m very sorry, but Kellfire’s question wasn’t reasonable, he know’s exactly what he posted and he knows enough about the military to know that isn’t how they work, he has stated his anti-military views numerous times on here and approx 3 posts prior to the one I answered he tried to belittle Phil.

I am in no way friendly or a mate of Phil’s but he certainly doesn’t deserve his service being questioned.

If anything, Kellfire’s continous snidey, smart ar5e comments are a form of trolling and mental bullying imo.

Maybe he should think of others mental health and were they are in their life before posting as he does.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think this is the definition of playing the man and not the ball. It doesn’t matter what I say, you always look for offence in it. That must be tiring.

No, it's not always what you say that I find offensive its the way you say it when trying to look superior in intellect to people who disagree with you, if that's not playing the ball so be it.

The only thing that I find tiring is wondering why you do it !

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
No, it's not always what you say that I find offensive its the way you say it when trying to look superior in intellect to people who disagree with you, if that's not playing the ball so be it.

The only thing that I find tiring is wondering why you do it !
In this case I simply asked Phil a question. I guess you are the sort of person who finds being questioned demeaning? That’s incredibly arrogant which oddly I bet is something you’d accuse me of being.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In this case I simply asked Phil a question. I guess you are the sort of person who finds being questioned demeaning? That’s incredibly arrogant which oddly I bet is something you’d accuse me of being.

I pointed out earlier it was nothing to do with Phil and you, or about being questioned, it was in support of Pauls comment about your posting style which always seems to have a personal put down for anyone who questions you. See post#333

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I pointed out earlier it was nothing to do with Phil and you, or about being questioned, it was in support of Pauls comment about your posting style which always seems to have a personal put down for anyone who questions you. See post#333
You mean the post in which you insult me and Ethan?

D

Deleted member 16999

This thread is getting really silly. I'm only just catching up, but it seems like Kellfire asked a reasonable question out of curiosity, LiverpoolPhil answered it in a fair and succinct manner, and nobody else's opinion on that exchange was really needed?? :unsure:
Because you never joined in on a thread, commented and had an opinion have you?

The Hypocrisy is tremendous.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because you never joined in on a thread, commented and had an opinion have you?

The Hypocrisy is tremendous.
I don't get why people are jumping down Kellfire's throat for asking a question which has already been duly answered. All you're going to do is get the thread locked, but crack on if you want.

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't get why people are jumping down Kellfire's throat for asking a question which has already been duly answered. All you're going to do is get the thread locked, but crack on if you want.
You mean the post were phil answered and has received no acknowledgement from Kellfire, or my initial post he ignored and then gone on to play the victim.

Why should Phil take it as a genuine question when hours earlier in the football thread he was taking the p!ss out of how phil posts?

Isn’t respect a 2 way street?

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyway back to the topic

Our first step when I joined the comp committee was to bring in more mixed comps to allow the ladies at weekends to be able to play competitive golf

The current step was to allow all members to play of whites if they wish

Next step is to allow guests

Next step - chance colour of the tees - remove the red and yellow and bring
Blue - forward tees
Whites - general play tees
Black - competition tees

And the final step will be for all tees to be used by all whenever they wish

As with mixed comps etc the strongest resistance to the changes has come from the ladies section -

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't know if this is the case at Nairn - don't actually remember which tees I played from when I visited you up there - but there is a reason why women at many clubs are reluctant to have men playing from "their" tees. That's because, frequently, the "women's" tees are very small and poorly maintained compared to the "men's" tees and they simply can't handle the increased traffic. Moreover, due to the shorter distance you find lots of men play irons from those tees so dig them up quite badly. Factor in, also, that women generally don't have separate casual and competition tees so they can get quite protective of them. Men's sections are generally many times the size of the women's so even a small proportion playing forward could be many more players than the handful of women playing further back.

Personally, I am all in favour of gender-free tees and people playing whichever suits their ability or mood but lots of clubs need to do a lot of work to bring their forward tees up to scratch, IMO. Maybe the prospect of male members seeing the poor quality of these is actually what's needed to bring that investment....
If my memory serves me right uou used the red tees and had to give some shots back due to the difference on Sss difference.
As for ware and tear on the tees This is not the case in this instance, there are no longer any gender specific tees and it was made clear on many occasions, the green and silver tees are probably the best condition tee,s on the course, guys who might use an iron off the tee just don't use these tee,s. The silver tees were brought in for the ladies because they made stink because the men had 3 separate tees to use, so the club built these further forward and had them rated, the ladies section have point blank refused to use the silver. Had an email this morning saying the next vice captain of the club was going to be the current ladies captain. The very person lobbying for the ladies to play in the men's matches and point blank refusing to either include men in their matches and keep them woman only... agm is going to be interesting ?