Sergio DQ'd

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Seems DJ and Like complained about damage to greens.
Tour investigation led to Sergio who spoke with Pelley and was subsequently DQ'd.
Statements issued but no real details yet.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Few rumours on social media that it may have been several not a couple of greens too.

Yet again the European Tour need to deal with this quickly, should release full details and what punishment Sergio will face, feels like it'll be going under the carpet though

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bad show Sergio* and I'll tell you what - I have never lost my rag on the course and damaged anything. Most certainly not that time when I appeared to hurl my PP's clubs and trolley into the lake in rage after missing a 10-inch putt. They just slipped out of my hand when I was passing them to him. That's all it was :eek:

*Golf is the most infuriating game in the world sometimes - and what hope have we mere mortals when a normally placid, vastly experienced and thoroughly likable soul like Sergio loses the bap. Of course it doesn't excuse his actions - guess he was just having a bad day but he should know better and it does need dealing with robustly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

Few rumours on social media that it may have been several not a couple of greens too.

Yet again the European Tour need to deal with this quickly, should release full details and what punishment Sergio will face, feels like it'll be going under the carpet though

The Tour has dealt with it.

But here we go again, "few rumours on social media".

Can we no longer deal in facts rather than the ramblings of the ill-informed on Twitter etc;?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Clearly a discussion has taken place and the ET decided there was enough evidence to DQ him but again there seems to be rumblings behind the scenes about what exactly happened and how it was reported. If a player has an issue with someone damaging a green surely you mention it to that player at the time and call a referee over to deal with it there and then, not let it fester on or be allowed to happen more than once. Poor from Garcia of course who does have previous but it also leaves an unsavoury taste about how it was all handled

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Clearly a discussion has taken place and the ET decided there was enough evidence to DQ him but again there seems to be rumblings behind the scenes about what exactly happened and how it was reported. If a player has an issue with someone damaging a green surely you mention it to that player at the time and call a referee over to deal with it there and then, not let it fester on or be allowed to happen more than once. Poor from Garcia of course who does have previous but it also leaves an unsavoury taste about how it was all handled

was reported by following groups not Garcias by the sounds of things (apologies MM for using social media for my source again) hence why it took time to work out what and who it was

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Tour has dealt with it.

But here we go again, "few rumours on social media".

Can we no longer deal in facts rather than the ramblings of the ill-informed on Twitter etc;?

Sorry but twitter is one of the best places to get information and find out more on stories.