Senior’s Open today - totally different!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have played in many different Open’s, all ove Scotalnd from Royal Dornoch, Royal Aberdeen, Leven Links, Kilmarnock Barassie to name but a few but today took the biscuit!

Played at Pleasington which is a class course but one of the guys who had been down to 1 now in double figures with a buggy and with a few years’ on the clock was using foul mouthed expletives whenever he missed a putt. The F and C word were his favourite.

Not once did he attend the flat stick or replace it but trundled off to his buggy.

After 7 holes he said what was your score on each hole and I proceeded to tell him for each hole.

At the 15th he touched his ball forward when addressing but did not call it. I said 6 but he said 5!

After 18 he asked my scores on the last 11 holes as he had not marked the card. I had to re write the card as it wasn’t ineligible.

Finally he did not hand his card in at the end of the round.

Have to admit that the organisation for the Scottish Comps Which ai have played is exemplary, no,reflection on Pleasington

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Had a similar discussion about a guy that plays in our fiddle. He's early 80's. Walks from his buggy to the edge of the green with the aid of a crutch. Drops in the odd expletive, and never gets the flag nor the scores right. Some hate being drawn with him but it doesn't bother me... he's 80+yr old and struggling to do what he used to love doing. If I can make his round a little more enjoyable by getting the flag each time, or sorting the card at the end, I will.

We'll all be there one day

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
HOB
No issue with bad language or being 80 plus. Agree with your comment that we will all get there hopefully.

However in your case it is somebody you know. My example was a complete stranger and his walking was not that bad. If he had said about his health no issue. More than happy to help

He used to play off 1 H/C. I did not sign his card and whilst it could have been a genuine error, if you nudge your ball forward in error, difficult to believe he did not know.

I did ask whether it was a 6 but he said 5 so move on

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
What is the issue with him using the buggy ? There are times particularly in this heat and really firm fairways I wished I had a buggy at times.