Selling platforms

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used the local FB Marketplace page a number of times, for both buying and selling. Never had any problems.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It isn't sinister, just a change in how they pay out. They have missed out the middle man, paypal, and are going straight to the customer. The only slightly annoying thing is I could sneakily buy and sell without my good lady noticing as the money would stay within paypal, assuming the item I was selling was a similar value. That was very handy for golf gear. Now she sees everything :oops:

And this is exactly why we have seperate bank accounts with only a joint account paid into by standing order so she can't see where the other bits get spent

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if you now sell something on eBay, you have to give bank details. ?

Lovely, I have just put a bag for sale on there so now have to register my bank details or I won’t get paid. ☹️
Open a second current ACC at your bank .
Use this for eBay only ,that’s what I have done.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have been using Facebook Marketplace extensively over the last year as we moved house in November and we found a load of things that we'd stored away that were too good to go to the tip or give away so we decided to chance our arm on FB. The only thing that annoys me are the 'Is this still available' messages which you respond to and then never hear anything back. I now don't reply to them and only engage with people who have made an effort to send a personal message. I've generally found that the price I get is better than eBay as there are no fees and the item is always collected so no mucking around with the post office or returns as the person can see what they're buying then and there.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Few things (non golf) on marketplace currently. The expected "..still available" messages which so far I am humouring and to be fair further messages have returned. I've listed out the full dimensions & measurements in the ad, but have had the "is it a large ..", "is it a small...". ?‍♂️