Seemore Putters - any love out there?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Contemplating a SAM fitting for a Seemore putter. I like the science behind hiding the red dot but having tried one previously I couldn't do it!

Wondering if a fitting would put me in the "right position" to use one and gain the benefit.

Anyone got any love or hate for Seemore and also what did you get out of the SAM fitting if you have had one?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Not had the SAM fitting, but liked the Seemore I had (2nd hand). Good quality putter with nice feel and I initially thought the red dot thing was a bit gimmicky, but actually think it helped

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a couple of Seemore putters, I have a 100%milled one and the feel off it is as good as anything you will find. I very quickly got used to using the red dot at setup and during the stroke and have had periods where I putted very well, had my lowest number of putts ever with a seemore, 24 in all. Currently using a stroke lab at the moment but wouldn't part with one of my seemores. Definitely recommend them, as good as anything

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I tried one a while back, decent feel but didnt suit my eye at all and couldnt get on with the red dot at all, changed it out to one that looked better and I putt better with

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I have a Seemore Giant M1t with 2 big copper weights in it

Love it to bits, had a SAM fitting and it came down to 3 models, The Seemore, an Evnroll and a Bettinardi

Just got on so well with the Seemore,

Had the fitting at Coregolf in Thame, obviously not of any use to you boys oop north, but might be of use to others dahn saff

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have one. It's one of two putters I would normally use.

Only reason its not in my bag is I bought a Nike mod 90 3 weeks ago and that's new. Literally the only reason.

Still love the seemore. Ignited my love for centre shafted putters. Previously didnt like that style at all.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one. It's one of two putters I would normally use.

Only reason its not in my bag is I bought a Nike mod 90 3 weeks ago and that's new. Literally the only reason.

Still love the seemore. Ignited my love for centre shafted putters. Previously didnt like that style at all.

Surprised you never swapped it for a hybrid bro

😉

bighairydel

Visit site
I had a SAM fitting as well and it came down to the Seemore or a TM blade type one. Just more confident with the Seemore, especially on the short yippy putts. I tried three or four different Seemores and they all had different results so i'd recommend going for a fitting to get one that fits your swing.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Some food for thought with the replies thanks.

As I said I like the theory behind the Seemore and quite like the funky looking designs, also like the offset shaft option that I think will suit my eye better than a straight shaft.

Will get something booked before the end of the month and go in with an open mind. I'm not going in just with the sole purpose of buying a Seemore as they stock Ping, TM, Odyssey etc. Will see what happens.

I'm pretty sure that the SAM fitting will recommend that I take up knitting once it tries to make sense of my inconsistent stroke.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Contemplating a SAM fitting for a Seemore putter. I like the science behind hiding the red dot but having tried one previously I couldn't do it!

Wondering if a fitting would put me in the "right position" to use one and gain the benefit.

Anyone got any love or hate for Seemore and also what did you get out of the SAM fitting if you have had one?
I like Seemore putters. I've had a couple, 'foolishly' seling the one that, in that wonderful thing - hindsight' - worked best but the mate I sold it to loves it too much!

I'm not certain that selecting the (brand of) putter BEFORE having the SAM fitting is the 'best' way of going about it, though there are certainly sufficient styles within the Seemore range to sit the SAM results.

The Red Dot is something of a gimmick/USP - many brands try to have one (or more!) - but CAN be helpful if/when things aren't working as well as hoped for. I had/have a tendency to open the face on the way back (flap) and leave it oen on the way through. The dot can highlight this, but it's not a good idea (for me) to look for the dot - better to be looking at the ball throught the swing! Can make a good - but expensive? - practice aid that can be used on the course.

Always good to threaten the 'gamer' with replacement though! Makes certain it keeps performing! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got a guy at the club who has had one for as long as I can remember. I've tried it but whether it's the type of putter head or my poor stroke but I didn't like it. I think it's a good concept and if the OP goes to a putting lab and the fitting and putter come together and it works for him then the crack on. No excuses though if you get a putter fitted to your stroke

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Got a guy at the club who has had one for as long as I can remember. I've tried it but whether it's the type of putter head or my poor stroke but I didn't like it. I think it's a good concept and if the OP goes to a putting lab and the fitting and putter come together and it works for him then the crack on. No excuses though if you get a putter fitted to your stroke

I can always find an excuse! ALWAYS.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried one when I did my putter fitting. I found that to cover the red dot as you're meant to, it felt like I had to have my hands quite far forward, which was surprising. Also found it a bit light for me. Ultimately I also thought they were a bit too expensive when the main technology is painting a red dot on it. :LOL: Just buy a red sticker and whack that on your current putter, job done.