Second hand clubs

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought an m2 (2016 model) off a proshop via eBay the year they came out for about £50 less than they were selling brand new just because it was an ex demo model so had been hit

Still in its wrapper aswell

It’s like a car tho. So much better value in second hand but people still buy new because they can and feels good to

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do not understand why people are worried about what their clubs are worth on the second hand market. When I buy a new club I get it because I can afford it and not because I might be able to offload it for a good price next year. I see buying new clubs like going to the pub, it's spare money I have to waste. Now not everyone is in the same fortunate position I am for what ever reason it may be where they can afford to buy the latest and greatest clubs.

But do you know what, in a couple of years when I want to get the new shiny TM driver I will get it and sell my current one on Ebay. People can't always afford new clubs whether it is income, children or whatever it stops them from buying new clubs. But if they get pleasure from having a damn good golf club in perfect condition for a knock down price, then I'm happy cause a fellow golfer, not as fortunate as myself, is getting pleasure from something I do not want anymore and whatever I get is a bonus to me as I had written the money off anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I buy almost everything second hand. It's so much more cost effective as to be laughable. Two year products less than half the price of when they were new. Of the 12 clubs in my bag, only 2 were bought brand new, and one of those was heavily discounted because it was not the latest model, but it had just never sold (that's the 56° Cleveland RTX-2). The other one I bought new is the Odyssey putter, which I don't ever plan on selling anyway so resale value is unimportant to me on that.

Most of the other clubs that I've bought second hand and later sold on, I only made a loss of 10 or 20 pounds each time.

DCB

Visit site
In my early years playing the game I had a great variety of 2nd hand clubs in and out of the bag. I always seemed to be ale to pick up something with a good bit of life left in them and played them for a couple of years before passing them on to someone else. I can remember the first set of irons I bought new off our (then) club Pro, a set of Browning Automatic irons. I thought I'd really arrived as I'd been able to fork our £145 for a new set of irons.

My current bag has a mix of some of my last C/F set of MP64s and a few JPX EZs with senior shafts. My days of buying new Irons are gone, but, the 2nd hand market helped me get what I needed for my bag to help me get back swinging a club again. If you look carefully and choose carefully there are still good buys to be had in the 2nd hand market.