Second hand club sites

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi

Welcome along, I have bought & sold through Golfbidder & they are very good to deal with, I have bought from Golfclubs4cash & they too are very good.

I have recently sold on E bay & have been pleasantly surprised at some of the prices achieved for good used equipment.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The price you get from these sites can be pretty average....
Sold a set of irons early last year, one of the sites you mention offered £315..
Sold them on ebay and taking into account all the fees I was over 100 quid better off...
A fairway recently...offer £100 ...sold and 50 quid up...
Less hassle for sure
But less cash...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last time I got a price from Golfbidder for some clubs, the price was so derisory that I told them I would rather break them into small pieces and throw them in the bin instead. Never bought or sold from them since.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
You are never going to get great prices when selling to GBidder et al....you are better off with having a go selling on ebay...a bit more hassle but usually more ££££

When buying though, sites such as Golfbidder GolfClubs4Cash are good bets...yes you might pay a bit more but you will usually get some sort of no quibble return within 7 days for full refund policy.

Its also worth checking manufatcurers own "pre-owned" equipment sites....I've had some cracking clubs off Callaway this last year.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The last time I got a price from Golfbidder for some clubs, the price was so derisory that I told them I would rather break them into small pieces and throw them in the bin instead. Never bought or sold from them since.

That was my experience!

In addition to eBay, there are lots of Facebook Groups for golf equipment. We have a very active one n S Wales which is pretty good for selling locally.

D

Deleted member 18588

Remember when selling to these sites they are going to then need a "mark up" plus VAT when they sell on.

With that in mind they may offer £300 for clubs to which they would need to add around £100 + 20% VAT making a total of £480.

You could probably sell those same clubs on ebay for around £420.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Golfbidder and Golfclubs4cash are both very easy to deal with. Clubs I have bought have never been disappointing, I would say they were always better than described. I have only sold to Golfbidder, I’m local so after the quote I’ve gone in and seen them. Couple of times the price has gone up ?

Do you get less than you might from eBay? Of course you do. You also lose the hassle; the risk that you are dealing with a muppet who will deny receiving it ( heard some horror stories this year from a professional user); the risk that the courier will lose it or break it; is there someone out there that wants what you are selling? Depends what you want. In my case it was worth more to me to have the cash in my hand and the clubs gone than the aggro in gagging about. But that might not suit you.

Good luck whatever you do. ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would agree with the comments that if you want the best price sell them yourself.

If you are selling a top name brand it should not be a problem bearing in mind that Golfbidder only buy top name brands.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
sold a load of stuff to Golfclubs4cash in Edinburgh in person, they had a decent amount of stuff. they have also been up to Nairn at both clubs and done a club buy day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have bought and sold with Golfbidder without issue. The prices they offer to buy aren't great but I figured getting a set price without the hassle of e-bay to simply get rid was worth it. At least if you get a quote from them it gives you a ball park figure

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon this guy just posted this as a thinly veiled advert for 'cashforeclubs' - considering I've never heard of them and that was the only one he spelt the link correctly for. And then vanished into the night. :ROFLMAO:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I reckon this guy just posted this as a thinly veiled advert for 'cashforeclubs' - considering I've never heard of them and that was the only one he spelt the link correctly for. And then vanished into the night. :ROFLMAO:

Bit remiss of him, not signing up for the free FootJoy shoes like all the other one posters... :rolleyes:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Remember when selling to these sites they are going to then need a "mark up" plus VAT when they sell on.

With that in mind they may offer £300 for clubs to which they would need to add around £100 + 20% VAT making a total of £480.

You could probably sell those same clubs on ebay for around £420.

VAT only applies on the margin. If they buy from an individual for £300 and sell for £420, they pay over £20 as VAT.