Season Opener 2017, choices and prices

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
The other thread has been locked to prevent this post getting lost.

I have made enquiries and have a few options, unfortunately I can't get a deal on a Sunday, but I hope the quality of the courses helps.

1) Beau Desert on Monday 24th April 2017. Golfers lunch 18 holes of golf and a 2 course meal £67. Brocton Hall on Tuesday 25th April 2017. 18 holes of golf £36 (breakfast extra) pie and chips after @ £8.50 if required.

2) Whittington Heath on Monday 24th April, rolls and coffee, 18 holes of golf followed by a two course meal £58, then Brocton Hall as above

3) Beau Desert on Monday as above with Whittington Heath on Tuesday as above

These prices are based on 20 golfers per event, if I get more the price could be lower

Ideally I would like to try and get a booking by the end of June,

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you planning on sorting out overnight accomodation Rob or leaving it to people to do themselves?

Fitness permitting my preference would be for option 3, with a lunchtime tee time on day 1 and a morning tee time on day 2

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think you should just plump and offer option 3 Rob, they are the same distance either side of Beau but more importantly Whittington is a heathland course as such (on sand) so if there's any dodgy weather it's still going to be very enjoyable, whereas as much as I like Brocton hall, if it's wet it can struggle a bit.

Also accommodation will be easier to find in Lichfield, play Beau on Monday and then drive to Lichfield and then Whittington is 10 minutes down the road in the morning, you've got a Travelodge in central Lichfield, Holiday Express and loads of guest houses where twin rooms can be got for less than £50 (£25pp).

We could have a curry night :cheers:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never played any of them and so I would be very interested but would not know the better option and so will go with the majority. Thanks

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you planning on sorting out overnight accomodation Rob or leaving it to people to do themselves?

Fitness permitting my preference would be for option 3, with a lunchtime tee time on day 1 and a morning tee time on day 2

I think it's best to let individuals sort their own bed for the night,

I think you should just plump and offer option 3 Rob, they are the same distance either side of Beau but more importantly Whittington is a heathland course as such (on sand) so if there's any dodgy weather it's still going to be very enjoyable, whereas as much as I like Brocton hall, if it's wet it can struggle a bit.

Also accommodation will be easier to find in Lichfield, play Beau on Monday and then drive to Lichfield and then Whittington is 10 minutes down the road in the morning, you've got a Travelodge in central Lichfield, Holiday Express and loads of guest houses where twin rooms can be got for less than £50 (£25pp).

Thanks Robin, that's your job sorted then

Probably wouldn't be able to make the Monday but up for Whittingham heath on the Tuesday

Happy to accommodate anyone who only wishes to play one course

D

Deleted member 21258

I would be up for one day, ideally Beau Desert for me(Monday) if at all possible. Couldn't take two days off at that time of year as work is mental in April.

Region3 was talking about this course at wolburn that it was really good and not to far from me, so up for it please :thup:

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Did someone say curry? :D I am happy to go with the majority.