Scudamore £5m bonus

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Papas, you are drinking in the wrong pubs :eek:. I'm having a weekend in N.Yorkshire and a pint of Black Sheep last night cost me £3.50. £5, Blimey o_O. (I get your point though)

Southern prices. I remember my first day in a job I was down at head office in Hemel Hempstead. Went to the pub after work and ordered 2 pints. I gave the barman a fiver, expecting it to be the usual £1.80 a pint. He asked for more money.

But it isn't inflation affecting the game, its rip off Britain. In the early 90's I took two of my boys and HID to a Boro match. Easily affordable on an average wage. Try doing that now on a regular basis. In fact, by the late 90's, after formation of the Prem, we stopped going on a regular basis as a family.

The clubs coin it in from TV revenue but still charge the supporters a fortune to go through the turnstiles.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Papas, you are drinking in the wrong pubs :eek:. I'm having a weekend in N.Yorkshire and a pint of Black Sheep last night cost me £3.50. £5, Blimey o_O. (I get your point though)

Only really drink at golf clubs (when not the driver). Am heading north (ish) next weekend so will see if it's true that us southerners get stung down here!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Southern prices. I remember my first day in a job I was down at head office in Hemel Hempstead. Went to the pub after work and ordered 2 pints. I gave the barman a fiver, expecting it to be the usual £1.80 a pint. He asked for more money.

But it isn't inflation affecting the game, its rip off Britain. In the early 90's I took two of my boys and HID to a Boro match. Easily affordable on an average wage. Try doing that now on a regular basis. In fact, by the late 90's, after formation of the Prem, we stopped going on a regular basis as a family.

The clubs coin it in from TV revenue but still charge the supporters a fortune to go through the turnstiles.

That i fully agree with. Same as shirts, best part of £50 for a replica, £90 for matchday!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only really drink at golf clubs (when not the driver). Am heading north (ish) next weekend so will see if it's true that us southerners get stung down here!
You do, no question:D. City centres are expensive, all over, but normal pubs are very different. Buying a beer when I go south is always painful.

Back to football, ouch. At the moment there is no sign of the bubble bursting so clubs keep pushing the barriers. Not all but too many. I'm surprised supporters groups have not organised boycotts of shirts. Relatively easy to do, could be effective.

D

Deleted member 18588

Back to football, ouch. At the moment there is no sign of the bubble bursting so clubs keep pushing the barriers. Not all but too many. I'm surprised supporters groups have not organised boycotts of shirts. Relatively easy to do, could be effective.

What supporters groups?

Neither national nor club groups have ever really enjoyed much support although it does sometimes seem that the FSF are allowed far more influence than their active support merits.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What supporters groups?

Neither national nor club groups have ever really enjoyed much support although it does sometimes seem that the FSF are allowed far more influence than their active support merits.
I meant more in relation to individual clubs. If you had a supporters group, publicising through social media, word of mouth and the local press NOT to buy next year's latest shirt then it would be interesting to see the reaction. It is achievable, imo. Start with one club and if it works then a ripple may occur.

D

Deleted member 18588

I meant more in relation to individual clubs. If you had a supporters group, publicising through social media, word of mouth and the local press NOT to buy next year's latest shirt then it would be interesting to see the reaction. It is achievable, imo. Start with one club and if it works then a ripple may occur.

Sorry but I think you are dreaming.

Over the years there have been a number of issues that some fans apparently feel strongly about and campaigns have been launched.

The vast majority have failed.

The option to not buy shirts, tickets, even TV subscriptions already exists but still they are bought in numbers.

Nobody is obliged to buy a replica shirt and wearing one does not make someone more of a fan.

Modern football fans don't seem very keen on belonging to groups. Just look Howe the old style Supporters Clubs have almost disappeared.

dronfield

Visit site

Black Sheep is a very nice beer - we visited the brewery in Masham. Aldi sell 500ml bottles for £1.25!

Where we have a pre match pint in Sheffield, the local blonde beer is £2.80 pint.

Rich