Scotty owners

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I know a new putter can not buy a putting stroke , but I just wondered what was so special about these putters to justify the price. I have been given a lot of good advice from someone else and was just wondering what else people thought who had tried these putters. Have you still got it ? If not why did you get rid of it ? In your opinion did you notice a difference ?

I also know putters like anything else are a personal choice on if you like them or not. I am going to go out and try a load of putters over the next few weeks to try and narrow down what I want to go for.

Cheers for all your help

Midnight...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have 3. I had 4, but sold one. I wish I hadn't but I needed the cash for something else.

I don't putt any better with them, or any other putter. I think they are well made, and as an engineer I appreciate that, but they are still just a putter.

They aren't even that expensive. I have dropped 1000s on drivers over the last 5 years. I have 3 sets of irons, 5 golf bags, 11 pairs of shoes, etc.

There is no mystery with SC, they won't suddenly make you a putting god.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a fastback currently but thinking about getting the newer model. When I went to try putter I tried a whole range of them and narrowed it down to a 2 ball and a scotty. Tried them out on a green and just couldn't get on with the 2 ball but the scotty just "felt" nice. I can see me using this until I stop playing or change to a newer model but it will still be a scotty as I like the way the ball reacts with them plus don't like a putter with an insert.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a fastback currently but thinking about getting the newer model. When I went to try putter I tried a whole range of them and narrowed it down to a 2 ball and a scotty. Tried them out on a green and just couldn't get on with the 2 ball but the scotty just "felt" nice. I can see me using this until I stop playing or change to a newer model but it will still be a scotty as I like the way the ball reacts with them plus don't like a putter with an insert.

This for me also

+

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?36821-My-putter-fitting

A

Alex1975

I just love the feel of a Scotty, I have never his one that I did not like something about. I too dont think they are that expensive but maybe the top end of high street putters. As Murph says, if it was a driver at that price it would be cheep.

They are well made, designed and good looking, they are also kinda cult, more so even than Vokey for the wedges. Last but not least they are Titleist so they are going to be good!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got my Scotty with a bit of windfall money. Always liked the look and feel and thought as golf is really my only hobby why not treat myself. A Scotty was a bit of affordable luxury.

Got a Studio Select Newport 2.5 from my pro who measured me up to make sure I got the right spec. Did spend a few days thinking OMG! I just spent nearly 200 quid on a putter!!!!:eek:

However I think I do feel more confident with it. It looks great behind the ball and and it just feels like I'm using a precision instrument.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having only just purchased my first ever Scotty I have fallen in love with them. The weight of the putter just feels so balanced. Far more than my 2-ball was. I was always good at putting, but with this scotty my putting from outside 10 foot has now all of a sudden become spot on. the roll I get is so true and consistent. I have tried hitting putts out the toe and heel with it and the ball still rolls more or less the same as hitting it from the middle.

rossymcg

Medal Winner
Visit site
ive got a scotty california del mar, i never planned on getting a scotty, but liked the weight of it, dont put any worse or any better, but im a member of the scotty club now

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've got 2, an original oil can one that is a thing of beauty and a Newport 2 that I just can't get on with. I'm going to flog the Newport, it's a lovely machine just not right for me.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
my son has got the newport 1.5 and he loves it. but i think its all in the mind knowing you have got scotty putter.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't actually see the attraction personally. Tried a few an never got on with them - except or the TeI3s - that were initially made by Bettinardi!

Not particularly great quality and significantly more expensive than others. He's a great marketer though!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've enevr really understood the love-in that goes with Scotty Cameron putters.
They're good - no doubt. But are they any better than a top-end Ping or Odyssey - not really.
It's a lump of metal on the end of a stick.
Most lumps of metal on the end of a stick can do the same thing.

If they work for you then great - I had a Red X for a while and it was good. But I started putting badly with it and lost all confidence with it. Now I have the No.7 I'm probably putting better than ever.
It's all down to feel and choice.

Personally, I wouldn't pay 200 quid for a putter. THere are many, many others at a fraction of the price that will do the same thing.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Munro you are exactly spot on. The amount of people I have seen with a £300 driver in their hand, then they put it back into the bad with a cheap nasty putter. I use my driver 12 times at my course compared to 30+ times with the putter. Problem is people think that any old putter will do. Just got my first Scotty but always spent big money on putters. My Scotty can be hit anywhere on the face and it will still get a good role, do cheap putters really still work when you hit the out of the toe or heel?

Why do Scotty Cameron putters cost that amount of money? Is it because people are stupid or is it because they are fantastic putters? What is the most used putter on tour? The answer is the best one as tour pros would not use something that is rubbish