Scotty Cameron - beware ....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My putter grip has worn more due to bag rub than anything else. It also gets a fairly regular clean. It's 3 years old, and will probably be changed at next grip change more due to asthetics than effect.
It's not like it's subject to the same abuse as an iron or woods grip.

I'd suggest its used at least 10 times more than any grip, even just an hour putting practice gripping in the same place for an hour will wear it out with the repetitive hand placement.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd suggest its used at least 10 times more than any grip, even just an hour putting practice gripping in the same place for an hour will wear it out with the repetitive hand placement.
Sorry, mine doesnt. I have no friction contact between hands and grip, or torque applied to the grip with a swing. The only issue I have is bag wear and body sweat/grease from my hands which is sorted with a scrub with warm soapy water.:)

D

Deleted Member 1156

My putter grip is at least 3 years old now and there is no sign of any wear or tear on it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry, mine doesnt. I have no friction contact between hands and grip, or torque applied to the grip with a swing. The only issue I have is bag wear and body sweat/grease from my hands which is sorted with a scrub with warm soapy water.:)
Yeah this, since the movement is minimal there should be no rubbing and thus I wouldn't expect a putter grip to wear out that quickly. From placing your hands and swinging 6 to 18 inches or whatever. I've had mine 2 and a half years and the grip still looks practically good as new.