Scottish Prem 18/19

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two wins and a draw tonight, nae bad for the Scots teams in Europe.

Not sure I'd be as positive about the results as you are. I'd say it's a very good result for Rangers, an OK result for Hibs and a result for Aberdeen that could go either way. Rangers winning away is obviously a good result. Hibs winning but conceding 2 away goals is one of those results that could come back to bite you. And as for the Aberdeen result I think Burnley would have accepted a draw with an away goal, knowing a 0-0 in the return leg will see them through.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I see there was over 20,000 at Pittodrie last night. The place must have been jumping !! Great effort by their fans and i'm guessing BUrnley took their full allocation too ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see there was over 20,000 at Pittodrie last night. The place must have been jumping !! Great effort by their fans and i'm guessing BUrnley took their full allocation too ?

1960 Burnley fans, hope they had a good time.
Decent game by the sounds of things.
Lapse in concentration by the otherwise outstanding centre halfs cost the Dons a late equaliser.
That young centre half looks like a great prospect.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ashley running rings around the new Rangers board.
£500,000 costs awarded to him and he still has first dabs at any new kit contract.

They were also trying to land Lafferty from Hearts for £200,000 by paying on the drip.
Looks like they will not be able to afford him now as Hearts will hold out for at least £500,000.
Changed days eh!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see a signing from Aldershot seems to be able to cut it in the SPL!

Amazing how much money you can make off an undervalued player and a bit of decent coaching.

Keep him on your radar and see how much value is added in a couple of years.
Last two examples, De Vries and Sow moved on for big money.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Amazing how much money you can make off an undervalued player and a bit of decent coaching.

..and van Dijk seems to have been nurtured along quite nicely at Sellick

D

Deleted member 15344

Big money ? De Vries is at Celtic and certainly not big money and Sow went for £1 mil - not exactly big money

..and van Dijk seems to have been nurtured along quite nicely at Sellick

You know Van Dijk left three years ago

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Big money ? De Vries is at Celtic and certainly not big money and Sow went for £1 mil - not exactly big money

You know Van Dijk left three years ago

De Vries was at Hearts.....sold to Leicester for £1.5m then to Leeds for £1.3m a few years ago.

Your knowledge of Scottish football never ceases to amaze me.

£2.5m to a Scottish club is big money.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see a signing from Aldershot seems to be able to cut it in the SPL!

Done lots of research over the past few months... and I am please to be able to predict.... Celtic might be champs! :whoo:

Yea, and this year Man City might, once again, win the EPL by a much bigger margin than Celtic won the SPFL.

D

Deleted member 15344

De Vries was at Hearts.....sold to Leicester for £1.5m then to Leeds for £1.3m a few years ago.

Your knowledge of Scottish football never ceases to amaze me.

£2.5m to a Scottish club is big money.

There is also a De Vries at Celtic but then you know that - again it’s not big money regardless and where has the £2.5 mil come from ? Again that’s not big money - you are talking League 1fees there

Then again that’s the level I guess

But then everyone knows you are trying your hardest to find something comparable to the Prem

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The money in Scotland isn't even remotely comparable to England, Celtic just paid £9m for a 20 year old, the most they've ever paid for any player and the highest they've paid since 2001. That £9m is probably more than the rest of the teams in Scotland paid in transfer fees this summer combined

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is also a De Vries at Celtic but then you know that - again it’s not big money regardless and where has the £2.5 mil come from ? Again that’s not big money - you are talking League 1fees there

Then again that’s the level I guess

But then everyone knows you are trying your hardest to find something comparable to the Prem

I think that you are just miffed because you started a thread to knock Scottish football and it seems to have backfired on you.

Tell you what, why don't you stop talking about how much money players cost and start talking about how skillful they are.
That would be novel as there appears to be lots of multi millionaires sitting on lots of benches in the EPL.