Scotland and Sports

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is the point of this thread. We are all in the UK or has that changed since I went to bed??????? I will support any UK team against the rest of the world.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ahem. I for one am not UKish, because the UK is NOT a country. Nor for that matter am I British for the same reason. On any form that I fill in, apart from them stupid online drop down things that only list UK, I put down that my nationality is ENGLISH. I would hope that the Scots, Welsh and Irish enter their own nationality too. This is why we still have five teams competing in the World Cup. Would you rarther we have just one? A bland combination of all players from five nationalities. Well maybe not all five eh? ;)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
And to continue this magnificent thread, the only time Scotland got any notoriety on the world stage for their history, you had to get a bloody Australian to play the lead character ....
Nearly as confusing as american FOOTBALL but they dont use their feet :D :D Should be from ireland, we crap at most things but we will give you one hell of a great time tho :D

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ahem. I for one am not UKish, because the UK is NOT a country. Nor for that matter am I British for the same reason. On any form that I fill in, apart from them stupid online drop down things that only list UK, I put down that my nationality is ENGLISH. I would hope that the Scots, Welsh and Irish enter their own nationality too.
What other nationality could we Irish put down ?? didnt know we had another option , ? :D

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is the point of this thread. We are all in the UK or has that changed since I went to bed??????? I will support any UK team against the rest of the world.

....with the exception of Andy Murray who is a major stroker with that "anyone but England" jibe.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ahem. I for one am not UKish, because the UK is NOT a country. Nor for that matter am I British for the same reason. On any form that I fill in, apart from them stupid online drop down things that only list UK, I put down that my nationality is ENGLISH. I would hope that the Scots, Welsh and Irish enter their own nationality too. This is why we still have five teams competing in the World Cup. Would you rarther we have just one? A bland combination of all players from five nationalities. Well maybe not all five eh? ;)

Yes I am English. But please read what I wrote. Not what you think I wrote????? In this instance UK is used as a collective noun.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
or the world series base ball made up of AMERICAN only teams , :D :D

Oh that old chestnut. It was only called that because the first one in 1903 was sponsored by the World tobacco company.

And the simple answer is now, name me another team anywhere in the world who could beat even the worst major league team?

And the Toronto Blue Jays aren't American .... ;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
or the world series base ball made up of AMERICAN only teams , :D :D

Oh that old chestnut. It was only called that because the first one in 1903 was sponsored by the World tobacco company.

And the simple answer is now, name me another team anywhere in the world who could beat even the worst major league team?

And the Toronto Blue Jays aren't American .... ;)

Base Ball, my wife used to play that only she calls it Rounders :D

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well now, what game are you going to utrn to a national sport? Tiddlywinks? You can't play football, that's been know for years now, and now rugby has been trashed by Argentina.

LMFAO!!!! :D :D :D
What an idiotic comment! Anyway, I´m a Glaswegian and I support ALL sportsmen, sportswomen and teams from Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. I hope the English teams do well this week in the Champions´ League and I´d love to see McIroy, Westwood or Donald win the Open next year. What was your point, if you actually had won? :D

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well now, what game are you going to utrn to a national sport? Tiddlywinks? You can't play football, that's been know for years now, and now rugby has been trashed by Argentina.

LMFAO!!!! :D :D :D

At least we can spell.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Great thread.....don't have an issue with it.

I have never have and never will back the engerlish in anything...why would I? I am not engerlish,it would be like me suppporting the Germans....aint going to happpen,well exept when they play the filth. ;)

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
i am very UK ish, and happy to be english as well
i support all teh home countries when they are playing others

But i think it's a bit harsh to challenge england for buying in players when you had Glen Metcalfe and Dale Macintosh (and i didnt even have to go on google to find them) as a start who didnt have even a sprinking of scottish lineage but didnt stop them playing however many tests for scotland

Everyone does it, it would be better if they didnt, but they do and its bloomin hard to work out how to legislate against it

I'm stuck now, cos the silly sods got beaten by Argentina (albeit Arg were more than miles offside for that drop goal attempt at the end, but i thought Parks woudl have guess that woudl happen and would have stood further back - i think that they sent the pass out 1 phase too quickly and Parks wasnt ready for it), and i really dont want England to lose so that both ENgland and Scotland get through.

So we have to hope that Georgia can do the job on Argentina, but i'm not so certain - what's the odds on a nil-nil draw in that one ?