Scores not coming down

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Golf is a punishing game if you aren't doing it right. I'm not sure that lessons are the panacea for all ills, but I would have thought a half decent pro would give enough helpful advice to be worth a few quid, even if you then choose to progress mainly through self analysis. Many pros also do group lessons, which are much cheaper and allow you to meet fellow sufferers.

If you insist on finding your own way, at least make sure that you film your swing so that you can compare it to what you see on YouTube. Pretty much no-one is doing what they think they are during a golf swing.

Good luck!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I consistently shoot mid 80's to mid 90's but never seem to be able to drop below the mid 80's (quite often exceed the mid 90's though) strange why this happens innit...

I play mostly on my own, I very rarely end up bunkered, a couple of times I've shot gross 85/net 64 off of 21 and I can do that 2 or 3 times in a row but never under the 85 mark although if my my memory serves me well I think I did shoot a gross 84 'once' many moons ago...

Do me a favour and let me know what the secret is when you've figured out... :thup:

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you insist on finding your own way, at least make sure that you film your swing so that you can compare it to what you see on YouTube. Pretty much no-one is doing what they think they are during a golf swing.

Good luck!

A handy app is V1 golf, you can split the screen and have your swing side by side with one of the pros which have been pre loaded. You will not match theirs exactly but it gives you a god template to work to. Also worth asking your pro the best one to compare yourself to.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you don't have time to go to the range then in my opinion its a waste of time have lessons. Maybe have a lessons for pointers but a series of lessons imo would be a waste - I've done it and not really felt the benefit as I haven't practised what I was taught.