Scorecard question

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi, I know the rules about completing your scorecards correctly in a handicap qualifying competition. But what are the rules in a non qualifier. Say a Texas scramble, if you don't put your team's handicap on the card, is it an immediate disqualification or is it down to the competition committees discretion?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Generally the rules of golf apply to all golf - you don't suddenly play a TX scramble to a completely new set of rules eg you would still tee off from the teeing area, using clubs and a golf ball etc
Whilst there are details to the competition side of some events and formats that require additional clarification through the Terms of Competition (or should have such clarification!) in the absence of these you would default to the rules in the first instance.
As such you would be required to have the team members handicaps shown on the card - but it's the organisers responsibility to calculate the team handicap from the stated formulae for that event. Your responsibility to show and gross score for each hole etc
Ultimately everything comes down to the organising committee in terms of decisions - even if they are wrong/incorrect ones!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would go with Duncan

the basics are the basics regardless of format for the comp and having each players handicap on the card I would consider a basic* as is putting the gross score for each hole on the card along with showing whose drive it was in a something like a texas scramble if the number of drives per player is a requirement.

* the team handicap I do not see as a basic.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I would go with Duncan

the basics are the basics regardless of format for the comp and having each players handicap on the card I would consider a basic* as is putting the gross score for each hole on the card along with showing whose drive it was in a something like a texas scramble if the number of drives per player is a requirement.

* the team handicap I do not see as a basic.

Cheers for all the replies. The gross scores were all on, only team handicap missing