Scorecard Carrier For The Open !

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a quick update. I am scorecard carrying for Thursday, Friday, and possibly Saturday. Sunday, however, I receive a access pass that allows me in as early as I want to watch the players practice and then play.

Bet you're all drooling on your keyboards :ears:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
fair play mate hope you get to do saturday and sunday as well, do a great job first 2 days and last group on sunday beckons? how cool would that be!!

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very envious. Hope you get a good group. You should know what a serious swing looks like by the end of the Open.

Mary

Head Pro
Visit site
Should be a great experience - enjoy! :)

Might be advisable to put a little gym work in during the next few months though. ;)

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Another update. The scoreboards aren't that heavy, as I have been informed. :whoop:

Received a letter from :

ee9b598b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Richmatt

Medal Winner
Visit site
Well done Allylodge, im working there to, im a Fairway Marshall for the morning sessions, start at 7:00 and on duty for 3/4 hours, then can watch all day for free.

Who did you apply to for the Scoreboard jobs?

Ill have to try do that next year, it wasnt on the list for jobs i could apply to do through G & A Links.

Might see you there.

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Well done Allylodge, im working there to, im a Fairway Marshall for the morning sessions, start at 7:00 and on duty for 3/4 hours, then can watch all day for free.

Who did you apply to for the Scoreboard jobs?

Ill have to try do that next year, it wasnt on the list for jobs i could apply to do through G & A Links.

Might see you there.
I have no idea how I got it, my dad jumped threw a few hoops to get it for me.

papstar_cfc

Visit site
That is a great gig to get well done! I am also working at The Open in the media centre for 5 hours a day, helping all the journo's if their laptops break and updating all the golf stats but also get free entry top the course all week :)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now I know you have an empty house for 3 days coming up! That's a new tv for me, maybe a laptop etc... I would seriously take down the pic with your address on dude... You don't know who is looking at this!

The gig sounds great though!

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Found out that for Thursday and Friday, I will be in the group for Branden grace, mark Wilson and Robert karlsson ! Pretty good, and will also be doing Saturday or Sunday.

Been great so far, albeit the weather hasn't been fantastic.

Will keep you updated throughout the week

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Great day today. Branden hits it a very long way, and he's a nice guy; talked to me a bit through the round.
Richard finch is very funny and his ball flight is ridiculous ; a very low draw that goes quite a long way.

Mark Wilson is a nice guy, but didn't play great. Still, all players were kind enough to give me there golf ball at the end of their round.
Tomorrow I have a fair group of thomas Aiken, Tory matteson and Thomas ojelson. Should have a better group at the weekend though.

Will keep you updated

Mary

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the update - it must be great to be so close to the action. Good to hear that the players were nice guys. Best of luck tomorrow!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's great that they had time to talk to you when they have so much else to think about and focus on.

Must be an awesome feeling to be out there in the thick of it.

Do they just draw for pairings? Can anyone get Tiger or Rory or is there a pecking order?