Saying hi

Poon

Visit site
Just joined.

A bit golf mad but not been playing outside much lately. Life and work throwing up other responsibilities but have an indoor SIM so playing inside weekly.

A member of Gerrards Cross in Bucks.

What goes on in here?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of arguments about whether it's better to leave the flag in when putting. A few other things but it's mainly just the flag/putting stuff.
Welcome!

Poon

Visit site
Welcome. Be prepared to argue about pink castle tees, what colour your socks are and changing one's shoes in the car park among other things. :D
LOL. Wooden tees for me. Happy to change my shoes in the car park as I can never remember the code to the changing room.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The shadow of the flagstick puts me off and I don't like the flag flapping about in the breeze when I'm trying to concentrate. I'm a bit Montgomerie about that.

I use the bigger orange castle tees mainly, but will use a pink one if I feel the need to tee it lower.

Never used a SIM. Putting on the living-room carpet is the only indoor golf for me. A few swings in the garden is my only practice.

I don't like the fact that even numbers for woods have disappeared. Why? They haven't done that for irons, so why woods?

For irons we should abandon the numbers altogether and just use lofts, since the manufacturers are so inconsistent.

I have loads more, but that should do for now.

Are you sure you want to waste so much time on here? ;)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Welcome, played GX several times, good course,
Just get stuck in, any questions there will always be someone around to point you in the right direction ?

TH63

Hacker
Visit site
Welcome, I don’t post much, but it’s an interesting place.

On the stick issue, I’ve been playing since 1973 (I started very young) and always took the stick out until the pandemic. Never thought I’d get used putting with it in, but I did, and now I can’t make up my mind. Yet another mental obstacle to overcome like this game already give us enough!

Oh, and wooden tees. Better still, bamboo. Better for the environment.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Welcome, I don’t post much, but it’s an interesting place.

On the stick issue, I’ve been playing since 1973 (I started very young) and always took the stick out until the pandemic. Never thought I’d get used putting with it in, but I did, and now I can’t make up my mind. Yet another mental obstacle to overcome like this game already give us enough!

Oh, and wooden tees. Better still, bamboo. Better for the environment.
I think I got over focussed on the flagstick and that took way from the objective of putting....that of getting the ball in the hole.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Welcome, if you aspire to be a scratch golfer don’t let anyone know as you will be challenged to a dual off the competition tees….

Played GX once and really enjoyed it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fully agree with your point, but the even numbers had nearly all disappeared before adjustable woods were greatly prevalent.
I'm not sure about that, I had a Ping G25 4 wood and that was only 4-5 years ago. Perhaps 4 woods were the outlier as people may have wanted one club to replace a 3 and a 5. 2 woods would have gone years earlier and I've never in my life seen a 6 wood, ha.