Saved by the flag...

V

vkurup

Played 15 holes with my mates on Sunday afternoon.. As luck would have it, a lot of wind around.. so none of us were keeping scores and there was no way of knowing which way the ball would behave when it was in the air.

Anyways, on the P5... went Pull, chop, thin and solid strike to get myself on the slope of the elevated tee. A sucker pin on the front meant that I decided to pitch it with my 52. Given the day I was having, thinned it and saw it take off like a rocket but very much in line. The PPs had a disapproving and disgusting look as they saw the ball take off towards the bunker on the other side.

However, my local knowledge ensured that the ball hit the almost flag fluttering almost horizontally and drop about 5 inch from the hole!!! Talk about using the course... A good laugh all around but had to buy the teas at the club house later.

Any lucky breaks people want to share..

D

Deleted member 15344

So you thinned a shot that hit an almost fluttering flag almost horizontally and dropped near the flag ?

Is that the gist of it ?

V

vkurup

So you thinned a shot that hit an almost fluttering flag almost horizontally and dropped near the flag ?

Is that the gist of it ?

pretty much and a bogie after a hackathon... but needed to set the scene... its called storytelling...

'Boy with magic power overcomes various obstacles but dies in the end' >> 7 books of Harry Potter in one sentence... not really good is it..

D

Deleted member 15344

pretty much and a bogie after a hackathon... but needed to set the scene... its called storytelling...

'Boy with magic power overcomes various obstacles but dies in the end' >> 7 books of Harry Potter in one sentence... not really good is it..

Harry Potter ? Was he a FC ?

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You didn't actually read Harry Potter did you?!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Story telling isn't your bag is it? Either that or you need a better editor :D

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played 15 holes with my mates on Sunday afternoon.. As luck would have it, a lot of wind around.. so none of us were keeping scores and there was no way of knowing which way the ball would behave when it was in the air.

Anyways, on the P5... went Pull, chop, thin and solid strike to get myself on the slope of the elevated tee. A sucker pin on the front meant that I decided to pitch it with my 52. Given the day I was having, thinned it and saw it take off like a rocket but very much in line. The PPs had a disapproving and disgusting look as they saw the ball take off towards the bunker on the other side.

However, my local knowledge ensured that the ball hit the almost flag fluttering almost horizontally and drop about 5 inch from the hole!!! Talk about using the course... A good laugh all around but had to buy the teas at the club house later.

Any lucky breaks people want to share..
My opponent in a match thinned his approach shot right over our 2nd green, and then also thinned his pitch shot back. It was heading for the front bunker until it hit the flag, which was fluttering in the breeze, and dropped about 3 feet from the hole. He made his par, whilst I was so put off that I three-putted for a bogey! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've shanked my drive badly on a par 3, hit the cart path, shot way up in air to land beyond the amphitheatre green and rolled down to 4 feet, from which I got my birdie.
Mr mimms hit the heart of the green and walked off with a very grumpy par.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never want to play your course! :D

Ha ha. Should have said tee shot!

But as a short hitting female golfer, it is not unknown for me to use Driver on a par 3.

I'm proud to be in the small group of people who have got a Hole in One using a 3 wood!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I actually got lucky by hitting the flag once.

5th hole, Par 3 at our place plays as a 5 iron to land short and run on.

Absolutely flushed the tee shot.

Hit the flag and landed about 3ft away.

3ftr.jpg

Stood on the tee box wondering how the hell I'd hit a 5 iron that far. looked at the sole of the club and had pulled and played a 4 iron in error :mad:

Easy 2 :whoo:

chillicon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I once hit the flag with my second shot on the par 5 13th on the brabazon course at Seaton Carew. Stopped stone dead but saved it from being a ~20ft eagle putt. Closest I have been to the albatross.

:)