Sacked for kicking a Snowman’s head off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s a bit ridiculous if that is genuinely the only reason he has lost his job, even if it is a bit of an unnecessary thing to do.

The poor quality journalism annoys me more though, could have atleast spell checked it when they had finished.

U

User62651

Not a sackable offence imo and lad could claim unfair dismissal and get his job back.
Stupid immature behaviour though but he is only 19.
Little kid learns a valuable life lesson, people are often mean for no reason?
No winners here.?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If he is agency staff, does he have the same terms and conditions as full time staff? The article suggested that they had let him go rather than sacking him, albeit that it amounts to the same result for him. Seems to me that if he was a member of staff worth keeping on they would have found a resolution. They apparently chose not to look for one.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw this earlier in the week. This probably was just the end long list of silly behaviour.

Agree. He comes across as a bit of a chav dickhead. It might only be a snowman but why destroy something that someonr has obviously put a lot of work into making? Especially as theres a good chance the making will involve kids? Idiot.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On the other side of the equation, whether or not what the binman did was right or wrong and whether or not he should lose his job, the boys dad actually went to the effort of reviewing the CCTV footage to find out what happened to the snowman, downloaded it, and emailed it to the council with a complaint. I can only assume this is a result of lockdown boredom. Could he not have just gone and had a word with the binmen outside?

The other interesting bit to me at least, is that the binman is showing more remorse by offering to rebuild the snowman than he would with a fake apology, as it will actually take a bit of effort.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
On the other side of the equation, whether or not what the binman did was right or wrong and whether or not he should lose his job, the boys dad actually went to the effort of reviewing the CCTV footage to find out what happened to the snowman, downloaded it, and emailed it to the council with a complaint. I can only assume this is a result of lockdown boredom. Could he not have just gone and had a word with the binmen outside?

The other interesting bit to me at least, is that the binman is showing more remorse by offering to rebuild the snowman than he would with a fake apology, as it will actually take a bit of effort.

Yes, let's put this all on the Dad who reviewed the CCTV to see what had upset his son so much rather than the utter moron who destroyed property that he had no right to. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Dad didn't fancy confronting the idiot & getting the same treatment, or maybe he didn't trust himself not to lamp the spanner & end up in bother himself. Either way, the Dad is not the one in the wrong here.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, let's put this all on the Dad who reviewed the CCTV to see what had upset his son so much rather than the utter moron who destroyed property that he had no right to. Jeez. :rolleyes:

Maybe the Dad didn't fancy confronting the idiot & getting the same treatment, or maybe he didn't trust himself not to lamp the spanner & end up in bother himself. Either way, the Dad is not the one in the wrong here.
Is a snowman in a public place anyone’s property? But know what you mean it took effort to build it.
It looks on communal piece of grass in front of the houses,
Bit ott to report it imo.
Best course of action is for the dad to put his sons coat on him take him out and repair the snowman.
Then explain that morons exist and this is what they get up to.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm not saying the lad deserved to be sacked but he does come across as a bit of a nob and doesn't see a need to apologise which for me says a lot. Part of me is thinking why does he feel a need to destroy it, and it not his and so it doesn't matter. It may be the first time he's seen the consequences of his behaviour. We seem to be in a world where people feel their actions don't have consequences. He damaged the snowman because he probably thought it was a laugh but never, and by the look of it still doesn't, thought of the impact on others. This time was a snowman but as had been said, we don't know if there were other things beforehand.
It's unlikely he would have been given the push just for this.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Is a snowman in a public place anyone’s property? But know what you mean it took effort to build it.
It looks on communal piece of grass in front of the houses,
Bit ott to report it imo.
Best course of action is for the dad to put his sons coat on him take him out and repair the snowman.
Then explain that morons exist and this is what they get up to.

Well it's certainly not the binman's property; looks like it's on the little boy's driveway, which would make it the family's property.

Bit ott to destroy it.

Best course of action would have been to have left it alone.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In his role he is the public face of the company that is employing him and as an agency worker he is utterly disposable. If I was his boss, with an endless choice of replacements and seeing his response, I would have done exactly the same. They don't owe him anything and he could have brought bad publicity to the company. They have protected themselves and he looks an utter tube.

There is only one person to blame here and he is the guy currently wanting a new job.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Two snowmen where removed from the golf course the next day. Perhaps I should contact the owner and push for a swift reprimand and sacking of the criminal ground staff.
Poor children, how will they cope knowing their snowy friend is no more. Perhaps I could start a donation for a bench.