Ryder Cup Tickets

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'm waiting on my turn to buy tickets for this. Sat in a queue and have been for just over an hour now.

Anyone else having a go or had success?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm waiting on my turn to buy tickets for this. Sat in a queue and have been for just over an hour now.

Anyone else having a go or had success?

I thought about sorting a coach trip from the NW.....pick up a few in the Midlands...then more down south, 2-3 days golfing and one day at the ryder cup, until I seen the tickets were EUR 150.00 for one day.:smirk:

G

guest100718

My colleague just bought a couple. I guess that makes him a real golf fan.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Managed to get a Sunday ticket. Me and my old man are going. €180 for the one day. Madness, but sometimes you've just gotta go for it!

Did fancy a few days, but not at those prices. Can afford the one day, so it has to be the sunday really!

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got myself a couple for the Sunday, couldn't really justify the cost for the whole event.

My better half took us to Hazeltine last year for my birthday so can't complain

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I thought about sorting a coach trip from the NW.....pick up a few in the Midlands...then more down south, 2-3 days golfing and one day at the ryder cup, until I seen the tickets were EUR 150.00 for one day.:smirk:

That's for Friday, Saturday is 160 & Sunday is 175 euros.

As is always the case with these kind of events the corporates have far too many tickets to sell packages to sell for 5 days with a hotel for over 2k, and no doubt they'll sell them.

The normal club golfer is totally priced out imo and it's wrong and scandalous that it's allowed, but whilst they sell out to those stupid enough to pay that, it will never change.

I'd like to know the split of allocation that went on general sale to that which went to corporates and agencies.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was at the Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, and remember it costing a lot then. 180 Euros though for one day is taking the p*ss IMO.

upanddown

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The majority of people there will be on corporate tickets.
I was at Gleneagles through work with a pass for every day and noticed while walking around that most were the same.

On the passes it clearly stated the company that had provided the tickets. Seen countless passes that had BMW, Bank of America, Rolex and my own company, EY.

That is the way of these big events now, the money generated from the big corporates make the hosting of these comps viable.
Sadly that does price the normal golfer out of the market. Even if the price was to drop, with the number of corporate tickets out there, the numbers available to golf fans is dramatically reduced.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Was in the queue for about 55mins, got through around 14.45. Managed to snag two for the Saturday and got Grandstand tickets too. Seems I'm one of the lucky ones, loads not happy on Twitter.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Excuse my language, but today was a ****ing shambles.

Three of us couldn't get tickets for any day.

How on earth that 'waiting system' was chosen, I have absolutely no idea.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I can see French Air traffic, rail workers etc going on strike for better pay, conditions etc.... Those guys can't organise a session in a brewery but strike action goes like clockwork just when it can hurt the most. ;)