Ryder Cup Ticket Costs

NervousShankaholic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what was the price of Ryder Cup tickets at Celtic Manor and the likely cost of tickets for Chicago 2012, I have heard that ticket prices in America for Golf are generally much more expensive than in Europe.

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi

I went to Celtic Manor on the saturday, normal pass cost £100 no bells or whistles. Everything there was in multiples of £5. Pint 5er, programme tenner, earphones tenner, bus tenner... was a great day really enjoyed it.. but it was a little pricey imho.

GeordieAggro80

Club Champion
Visit site
Im looking to go. My wife is from a suburb of chicago only 10 mins from medinah. I even played the course joined on the back of it last year amd im looking to somehow play medinah in may when im there. Ive registered for tickets through pga but heard nothing yet.

Ill have a look in a few weeks when im there and report back. Im sure they will be a fortune. My father in law is a member of a course out in chicago which he pays about 5000 quid a year for. And for that he only gets to play every 2nd weekend. On top of that chicago is covered in snow for 5 months a year so my point is they are likely to be a lot of dosh.

Anyone know a friend of a friend who can get me into medinah as its a members only club? There in about 6 weeks so itll help?!?!?

NervousShankaholic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers Geordie....theres a few companies in GB offering packages for tickets and accommodation, hopefully they are reliable because we are looking at taking that on so we can hopefully guarantee tickets.

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im looking to go. My wife is from a suburb of chicago only 10 mins from medinah. I even played the course joined on the back of it last year amd im looking to somehow play medinah in may when im there. Ive registered for tickets through pga but heard nothing yet.

Ill have a look in a few weeks when im there and report back. Im sure they will be a fortune. My father in law is a member of a course out in chicago which he pays about 5000 quid a year for. And for that he only gets to play every 2nd weekend. On top of that chicago is covered in snow for 5 months a year so my point is they are likely to be a lot of dosh.

Anyone know a friend of a friend who can get me into medinah as its a members only club? There in about 6 weeks so itll help?!?!?

£5000 for 7 months of golf but only every second weekend?That's a wee bit cheeky!