Rules Quiz IV - true or false?

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If your ball is not on the green, you may not have the flag attended; you must choose between 'In' or 'Out'.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A player off the green must play before a player on the green regardless of the distance to the hole. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you strike a ball accidentally during a practice swing, it counts as a stroke and you must play the ball as it lies. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A ball that has been marked and lifted must be replaced by the person who marked and lifted it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In a Stableford competition the honour is determined by the gross score. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. You cannot place your ball marker one clubhead length to the side in one motion; you must mark the ball first and then move the marker. [/FONT]

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There's a partial truth in Question 3 ....OK as per the wording it is actually totally false BUT-

Assuming the ball is in play (an accidental contact on the tee is not the same) if you strike it with a practice swing there is a penalty and it must be replaced. Although the stroke is not counted and it must be replaced - their is a one stroke penalty. I only state this as I had a recent argument about this very thing only a few weeks back

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
1. False - you may have it attended
2. False - the person furthest away from the hole plays (except when new rules come out and its ready golf)
3. Dependant on where the swing was took - If its your tee shot - replace it no penalty. If anywhere else 1 stroke pen and you must replace the ball back where it was with practice stroke does not count as a shot.
4. False
5. False
6. False - but I would always mark before doing so anywhere

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
1. False - you may have it attended
2. False - the person furthest away from the hole plays (except when new rules come out and its ready golf)
3. Dependant on where the swing was took - If its your tee shot - replace it no penalty. If anywhere else 1 stroke pen and you must replace the ball back where it was with practice stroke does not count as a shot.
4. False
5. False
6. False - but I would always mark before doing so anywhere

So 3 is false as well then....