Rugby World Cup Question

AyrHead

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If your team don't progress in the tournament and the other 3 Home Nations do and you were forced to support one of them. Who would it be and why?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ireland for me. Lot of great players for whom this is their last shot at a World Cup. Would be a shame for the likes of BOD and ROG never to reach a final at least.

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just could not root for another one I am afraid. As soon as Ireland's tournament ends then so does my interest TBH. But if it was life of death then it would be A.B.H. so Wales or Scotland..!

D

Deleted member 1418

Just could not root for another one I am afraid. As soon as Ireland's tournament ends then so does my interest TBH. But if it was life of death then it would be A.B.H. so Wales or Scotland..!

Similar for me - as soon as England are out then I won't be supporting any other nation! Although if it's not England, then I would like to see the All Blacks win it as they have easily been the best team in world rugby over the last two years.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Scotland
All hinges on how the Argentina game goes.

Indeed it does. The Argies looked good against the Romanians and Scotland have been OK but not great so far.

If Scotland get knocked out I would happy support Ireland (who were fantastic against Australia) and Wales who, in Roberts, North, Williams and Hook etc have some great backs and the 3rd best anthem (after the Frogs and the Italians)

I couldn't bring myself to support England. Martin Johnson remains a thug: he now wears a suit and speaks like the school bully instead of wearing a rugby top and ripping the heads off the opposition.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Similar for me - as soon as England are out then I won't be supporting any other nation! Although if it's not England, then I would like to see the All Blacks win it as they have easily been the best team in world rugby over the last two years.

A fair point that the All Blacks are the best team but it is so much fun watching them choke every 4 years :D :D Plus I have never warmed to Graham Henry

deesta

Hacker
Visit site
My other half is Welsh so it would have to be Ireland. I've always enjoyed watching them play and when O'Gara and O'Driscol are playing well, they are a joy to watch..

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slight amendment to teh original question ...

which home based country that has won the world cup once and reached the final twice would you like to be a successful as ... ? ;)

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Slight amendment to teh original question ...

which home based country that has won the world cup once and reached the final twice would you like to be a successful as ... ? ;)

Maybe they prefer Northern hemisphere only rugby, and would prefer to be like the team that has won the 6\5\Home Nations the most times?

Oh wait...