Royal North Devon?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't go out of my way to play RND, but if you are literally next door then it's definitely worth a round even just for the history and to see how the original golf courses were laid out.

As a side not, cannot believe how expensive Saunton has got. When I was young it used to be such a down to earth friendly club, used to cost £20 with county card. You'd check in, get some breakfast and the club manager would come sit with you talk through the course and strategy for the first few holes

D

Deleted member 23270

Agree with the majority of comments, it's a very marmite course. To the OP, by all means play it and make up your own mind. I've played it twice but wouldn't rush back again.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, an update in case anyone cares. We had so much stuff in the car that I literally could not fit the clubs in. I was immensely disappointed…however, walking through the course yesterday to get to the beach quickly put a stop to that disappointment…it’s not that I wouldn’t play it, but for £90+ a round (and even £50 during twilight), I’d have been upset with parting with that much money for a course with greens that don’t seem all that looked after (or not very consistent to say the least).

I get that links courses can be a bit ‘rough and ready’ in parts due to the elements, and maybe I’ve been spoiled with other courses I’ve played; but it certainly didn’t give off the vibe of a top golf course.