Royal North Devon?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone played here/a member? Apparently the holiday house I'm staying in next week is literally next door - be rude not to try and squeeze a round in if it's any good!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone played here/a member? Apparently the holiday house I'm staying in next week is literally next door - be rude not to try and squeeze a round in if it's any good!

have played. Funky and quirky. Usually has sheep, horses and cows about the place. Worth a knock.

D

Deleted member 25172

Liked the front 9, but back 9 was not very enjoyable. But yeah, it’s golfing history as the oldest course (I think?) in England and you’ll be right next to it, so of course you should play it. Would I travel to play it again? No.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Haha! You're not really selling to me. But as has been said, I'm right next to it. Would be rude not to do a twilight round one afternoon

Im a firm believer in try anything once!

Plus its a few hours of peace by yourself!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Be very wary of hitting your ball into the Great Sea Rushes...they present a very prickly problem.

The clubhouse and JH Taylor history/museum is fascinating if you are at all interested in the history of the game.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Be very wary of hitting your ball into the Great Sea Rushes...they present a very prickly problem.

The clubhouse and JH Taylor history/museum is fascinating if you are at all interested in the history of the game.

Just had a look on their YouTube flyovers. Those Sea rushes look a bit menacing! Will take plenty of balls haha.

Leftitshort

Visit site
I like it. It’s not a destination in itself but if you’re down there. I think it’s the 5th, it’s a cracking links par 4

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are four or five good holes on the front nine. Might be less since I last played there as the sea may have taken one or two.:eek: Get to Saunton where there are two much better courses, and only a short drive.(y)

I'd love to play Saunton but not unless I was a member's guest - I've got a wife on long term sick and living off one income so £130 a round is probably a bit steep at the minute :LOL:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played there a couple of weeks ago, I like it.

The rushes only really threaten on a few holes and many of the others are as wide open as you're likely to find anywhere.

The museum is great but a little lacking in classic clubs/items from the postwar era. (I had more classic clubs in my bag than were in the museum)