Royal Ascot GC

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finally got to play it yesterday. Nice easy starting par 3, was a bit short off the tee but got par. I'm not a long driver and so came up just short of the ditch on the 2nd. Greenkeeper was waiting for me to play my next shot but I misfired, which was just as well as I didn't realise the hole doglegged right and a well hit shot would have been out of bounds.

The 3rd has a wide area before the fairway that is denoted "environmentally sensitive" and cannot be entered, of course my drive dropped right into it.

I must complain about the state of the bunkers....they had proper sand in them! I've been practising all winter in bunkers as hard as concrete, how was I supposed to play in sand...

Play was pretty quick, completed in 3 1/2 hours even though I had to wait on the last few holes. All in all I enjoyed it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Finally got to play it yesterday. Nice easy starting par 3, was a bit short off the tee but got par. I'm not a long driver and so came up just short of the ditch on the 2nd. Greenkeeper was waiting for me to play my next shot but I misfired, which was just as well as I didn't realise the hole doglegged right and a well hit shot would have been out of bounds.

The 3rd has a wide area before the fairway that is denoted "environmentally sensitive" and cannot be entered, of course my drive dropped right into it.

I must complain about the state of the bunkers....they had proper sand in them! I've been practising all winter in bunkers as hard as concrete, how was I supposed to play in sand...

Play was pretty quick, completed in 3 1/2 hours even though I had to wait on the last few holes. All in all I enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it and made good time. Shame you couldn't have played last week after the Jamega Tour had been in town and the greens were pure and lightening quick. We've done a lot of work on the greens and it's a continuing work in practice. The environmental area has claimed many a ball so don't worry about it. It's a course that has a few nuances and you need to learn where you can and can't put it on each hole but I hope you'll return and perhaps we can get a game

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oh and we need more horse puns, missed this thread first time around but had a good chortle reading through it 😂

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Played here today for £20 on tee times as my place was busy. Must say, there are some good holes and seems a friendly club. Worth a trip.