Roundhay GC

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, after a lot of deliberation, toing & froing, checking of finances and of course, getting the green light from Mrs Slowhand, I am joining a golf club. In my case, I am plumping for Roundhay, the club that plays on the council owned course at Roundhay Park in Leeds. Since I don't know anybody there, it'd be nice to know if there were any GM Forum members who are members there that I could pump for information.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Currently considering it as a way of testing the water and getting back into the game again. Played it years ago for a friendly knock and remember thinking it was a decent little course.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is membership these days and what sort of perks and competition calendars do they have?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Membership is £130 a year, but you still have to pay the green fees to the council, as it is a municipal course. Not sure about the calendar as I only joined last Friday, and they've just gone through a buyout so things are a little bit up in the air.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Membership is £130 a year, but you still have to pay the green fees to the council, as it is a municipal course. Not sure about the calendar as I only joined last Friday, and they've just gone through a buyout so things are a little bit up in the air.

Hmmm, sounds a bit weird. I guess I'll get out and play some time soon and see how it's playing first. Cheers for the quick reply.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Potentially a cheap course but it's not a particularly good course in my opinion. Used to play there 5 or 6 years ago when I was starting out and it wasn't very well maintained. Municipal course so that may go some way to explaining that. The first hole dogleg (whilst a victim of geography) is just rubbish.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry, I'm at work. during the week. I can fit a round in after work with a bit of notice, or play on a weekend.

Weekend and after work would usually suit me but I've got some annual leave tomorrow so gonna try to get out when it's quiet. Maybe another time!