round time

What is stopping you from becoming a member of a golf club? (Tick all that apply)

• Outright annual cost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack of more flexible membership options

• Don't have the time to justify the outlay

• Local clubs are too stuffy

• Club membership is just not for me

• Just haven't got round to it yet

• Total voters

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree but the problem is that it's a pay & play course and they over stack the course so your always waiting on your next shot

Is that the place where they have 2x 18 holes, 1 each side of the road, plus 1x 9 hole. If so, I tried to play the 9 holer once and on one of the par 3's there were 5 groups waiting to tee off. By then I was so hacked off that I walked home (I lived then in Featherbed Lane :))

yup, thats the one, i have had a 5 hour round there this year... was not impressed.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems OK to me. 3.5 to 4 hours for 18 holes as a 4 ball seems to be about average on my course. There is always a little bit of waiting at some places but seems to spread out a bit after the half way hut as the groups tend to re-set themselves at decent intervals if they have bunched up.

That said, what is a slow round? As long as you are up with the group in front and ahead of the group behind then you are moving at the right pace for that day.

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
It does effect your game though, I hate waiting on shots, the always end in disaster, twenty practice swings will ruin a shot as I have to much time to think

Oh I find the opposite, if I'm on the tee and there's even the faintest doubt as to whether the group in front are clear you can guarantee I'll nail it straight at them!

coolhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I know the feeling:

Wait 5 mins with a queue behind you till the group in front are well on the way to the green after their 2nd - duff it 20ft and take at least 2 more to get to where they where.

Tee off as soon as the last player in front has hit their 2nd and you hit your best drive ever (anything over 180 at the moment), so have to start praying.

Can't win

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Tee off as soon as the last player in front has hit their 2nd and you hit your best drive ever (anything over 180 at the moment), so have to start praying.

Remind me never to play in front of you. :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I don't care how long a round takes, I just hit it when it's my turn. If it's an important game then I stay focused whilst I'm waiting, if I'm out for a hack with Smiffy and the lads then we chat and smoke. If it's slow because you have several groups in front then so be it.

19th

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in there with JustOne!

Stand away from the tee, enjoy the scenery/ golf coming up behind/dollybird in the mini golf skirt (well, 50ish in trousers but see my imagination!) and then we enjoy a wee sensation - this is a Spanish rum and something (very)sweet all the way from Tenerife, it is nice on the way down and then the heat spreads out, magic.

Here's hoping we're waiting on the next tee!

coolhand

Head Pro
Visit site

Remind me never to play in front of you. :D

You're totaly safe as long as you're on the fairway. :D