Rose Ladies Series

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good to see the ladies getting some competitive action and some of well known players supporting it. End of season play off announced at The Berkshire and West course Wentworth, the latter of which would be an interesting test for them and could be worth a look, Depending on what course they use at the Berkshire I may wander along too or will/can they amalgamate the two courses. Can't have been too much fun if they had as much rain as we had (and imagine they did) and so the caddies will really have earned their corn today

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see the ladies getting some competitive action and some of well known players supporting it. End of season play off announced at The Berkshire and West course Wentworth, the latter of which would be an interesting test for them and could be worth a look, Depending on what course they use at the Berkshire I may wander along too or will/can they amalgamate the two courses. Can't have been too much fun if they had as much rain as we had (and imagine they did) and so the caddies will really have earned their corn today

Im 10 miles away and weve barely had a shower here today so not sure it will have been that bad

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had Royal Ascot on the TV all afternoon, looked pretty grim at times thats for sure
It was similar in Reading and so boxed any plans to play. Got wet walking to the station and had hoped to hit balls but shelved that idea too. Typically got out at Bracknell and the rain had stopped and it's been sunny and warm since

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Posted on another thread but this more appropriate - it was good to see my club's up and coming 16yr old member play as one of thee amateurs invited - and finish mid-field. She won't be that happy finishing on +8 though :)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Posted on another thread but this more appropriate - it was good to see my club's up and coming 16yr old member play as one of thee amateurs invited - and finish mid-field. She won't be that happy finishing on +8 though :)
It was playing tough, really, really tough ?? they were off the tips, with the rough up & the greens hard & fast. I acted a scorer for one of the groups, the best score in mine was 75.
It was a good day, some lovely swings out there.
For the record homie we had about 10 minutes steady-ish rain. Forecast was awful

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was playing tough, really, really tough ?? they were off the tips, with the rough up & the greens hard & fast. I acted a scorer for one of the groups, the best score in mine was 75.
It was a good day, some lovely swings out there.
For the record homie we had about 10 minutes steady-ish rain. Forecast was awful

Assumed when I saw the scores the greens were probably even quicker than when we played after the pro am, wouldnt want to be on the wrong side of the hole on them too often! Youll want some rain before the weekend ;)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Assumed when I saw the scores the greens were probably even quicker than when we played after the pro am, wouldnt want to be on the wrong side of the hole on them too often! Youll want some rain before the weekend ;)
Quite a few played with no practice round. A few more played last week with the greens more lifeless than today. Annabel Dimmock got to -2 before falling back

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Perfect story line for them really, with Charley winning as marquee name but in a playoff with Liz Young who organised it. Got little snippets on instagram but would be nice if they had more highlights as I think some Sky cameras were there (?).

Hoping that they may be at a stage where fans are allowed by the final tournament which would be a great culmination of the series if Covid allows it.

I wonder if they'll extend the fields for the remaining events or if it makes it harder with the order of merit for the series now up and running.