Rory again showing he struggles in the wind.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I stand by my 1st post,he struggled on day 2 when the wind was up,granted a lot did but he did struggle but hung in and got in at 3 over par when many players ranked above him shot lower.

Wind dropped a fair bit on day 3 and he got going again and with the wind behaving today he should get the job done but I'll tell you that if the wind blows hard a la day 2 for any more than 2 days of a major he will not win....even Sir Colin and Butch discussed this today so yet again I'm pretty much spot on.

Let's hope he can get it home,early holes will be crucial but he's driving it well and bloody long so here's hoping.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
playing superb again and pretty much home and hosed now, shame about the penalty for Petterson as may have made it more interesting. Hats off to Poulter for one hell of an effort from so far back too

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stand by my 1st post,he struggled on day 2 when the wind was up,granted a lot did but he did struggle but hung in and got in at 3 over par when many players ranked above him shot lower.

Wind dropped a fair bit on day 3 and he got going again and with the wind behaving today he should get the job done but I'll tell you that if the wind blows hard a la day 2 for any more than 2 days of a major he will not win....even Sir Colin and Butch discussed this today so yet again I'm pretty much spot on.

Let's hope he can get it home,early holes will be crucial but he's driving it well and bloody long so here's hoping.

Was mentioned on our coverage that the average score was 78 and Rory shot 75 so better than average eh?

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

as true as that may be, its abit weighted against someone who is so high up the rankings as rory LOL

Phil

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
His fellow top 10 in the worlds rounds:

Donald +4
Woods -1
Westwood +5
Simpson E
Watson +3
Scott +3
Duffner +4
Kuchar +10
Rose +7

Only two better and tiger putted like a man possessed and I'm sure made easily 6 less putts than Rory for the round. Not sure how Simpson put his round together.

Notable others
Oosthuizen +7
Mahan +8
D johnson +7
Fowler +8
Bradley was about +6 as well

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
His fellow top 10 in the worlds rounds:

Donald +4
Woods -1
Westwood +5
Simpson E
Watson +3
Scott +3
Duffner +4
Kuchar +10
Rose +7

Only two better and tiger putted like a man possessed and I'm sure made easily 6 less putts than Rory for the round. Not sure how Simpson put his round together.

Notable others
Oosthuizen +7
Mahan +8
D johnson +7
Fowler +8
Bradley was about +6 as well

As I said there were many others ranked higher than him that scored lower,many.

The fact is he struggles in high winds,the fact he shot what he did on the other 3 rounds proves that his 75 was probably around a 77 for the rest of the field so around average.

He hung in and the wind abated and he kicked on,if it hadn't I do not think he would have won.

The only Major I think he may take a bit of time to win it our Open but if he gets a kind week he may win it quicker than I expect.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site

He hit 11 greens in reg in round 3. Poulter who was hailed as having a fabulous round hit 13. Tiger probably hit a similar number to Rory. The statement he struggles in the wind was not accurate. The statement he struggled to putt in the wind is.

In his final bogey free round he probably hit a similar number of GIR's as round 2 but his putting was immaculate. That was the difference. I'm not sure but i'm confident his putts in round 2 were in around the 32-34 range and his putts on sunday were in the 25-27 range!

Last edited: