Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Thursday 15th August 2019

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
List up-dated following #76
Be nice to see a few more names committed, Rick was instrumental to the forum and so many meets. This day is in his honor, so it would be nice to see these numbers grow a little...

1/ Fish
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
17/ Lump
18/ Norrin Radd

Keep the updates coming please, I will update some more information regarding the day over the coming week/s, but your outlay is only £40 as it was last year, this is for 18 holes of golf on an Open Qualifying course playing for the Rickg Memorial Trophy and is inclusive of all food before & after.

£20 will go direct to the British Heart Foundation (Karen's choice), so that's £960 immediately based on 48 attendees as per last year, which we look to be a mile away from!

Please support this day, it means quite a lot to me personally and I'd hope it would to some of the forum members who have been on here long enough to have known Rick and played with him on the many meets he organised.

I will be setting up a Just Giving page for this year as I did last year over the next few days, the link will appear in my signature.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I have now created the Just Giving Page for The Rickg Memorial Trophy Day which this year will be held at Coventry Golf Club on Thursday 15th August 2019, 2 days before the anniversary of when Rick passed after collapsing at and on his beloved Centurion Golf club and course.

I chose my home club again for our 2nd year of celebrating and remembering Rick as the club has given me courtesy of the course, as such 50% of the amount to join us and play at my course will go directly to Karen's (Rick's wife) chosen charity, being The British Heart Foundation.

To play and join us, whether you knew Rick or not, will be only £40 as it was last year. This is inclusive of all food before (Bacon Butty & Coffee) & after (2 course meal).

£20 will go direct to the British Heart Foundation through my Just Giving page (open now) but it MUST be stated that it is a DONATION only as you are not paying to play the course or getting anything for that £20, it's a donation to register, as such please add Gift Aid as it makes a huge difference towards my target. The remaining £20 will be paid in cash on the day as it's for the food and a small amount towards my admin (posters, flyers, laminating, prizes and much more..).

I will be posting up a sponsorship of holes, sponsorship of challenges and hopefully some sponsorship of playing with someone special, a separate more manageable post will be uploaded soon for all of that. In the meantime, if you simply want to donate any amount now, please visit my Just Giving page which can be found in my signature and links within this post.

We raised an amazing £1,543.81 last year, doubling my target, it's a big ask, but if we could get anywhere near that again it would be a fantastic achievement.

For any big hitters who'll be challenging for the longest drive, the humps have now been removed from our 6th split fairway and the fairway now runs flat all the way from tee to green, all 532 yards of it uphill!

I've obviously learned a little from our first meeting so I will be planning to have everyone go out possibly in 3-balls next year, and dependent on our numbers, I have the option of a 2 (two) tee start, a shotgun or simply all off the 1st tee. Obviously to achieve the shotgun start we will require some more numbers to join those already confirmed.

We are currently at a third of the numbers we had on our first day last year, I personally thought it was a very successful day and I know a lot of you traveled from all over to the join in, I'm aware there's a few expensive meets this year which no doubt is having an effect on some of you attending this year, but for £40 to play my course (with food) and for such a worthy cause and to remember someone who gave so much without a second thought to anyone on here, or in life in general, it would be nice to see a few more names now join us.

I am happy for you to bring friends and club mates with you to swell the numbers and help with travelling costs, the only caveat will be, that, the winner of the actual Rickg Memorial Trophy will have to be a forum member, although I will have a guest prize.

Please cut & Paste to add your name below, Make sure it the latest list!!.

1/ Fish*
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
15/ Lump
16/ Norrin Radd

Thank you
Robin

* Denotes £20 donation (registration) received.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Whether you are attending the day or not, if you want to be more involved and support the day you can sponsor any of the below holes and/or challenges with a minimum sponsorship of only £10 paid directly to my Just Giving page. Again this is simply a donation/sponsorship with nothing in return, so you can add Gift Aid.

Laminated cards will be placed on each tee acknowledging the support you have given.

Please cut & paste and add your name & pledge below: (Please make sure it's the latest list)

Sponsor a Tee

1/ Currently Reserved
2/
3/
4/
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/
17/
18/

Nearest the Pin

5th/
7th/
15th/
17th/

Longest Drives

6th/
16th/

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/

Play with a GM Staffer

1/
2/
3/
4/

Thank you

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I have just had confirmation that Golf Monthly will be bringing a fourball to attend on the day, names to be comfirmed at a later date. Huge thanks for their continued support.

I am happy for you to bring friends and club mates with you to swell the numbers and help with travelling costs, the only caveat will be, that, the winner of the actual Rickg Memorial Trophy will have to be a forum member, although I will have a guest prize.

Please cut & Paste to add your name below.

1/ Fish*
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
15/ Lump
16/ Norrin Radd
17. GM Towers
18/ GM Towers
19/ GM Towers
20/ GM Towers

Thank you
Robin

* Denotes £20 donation (registration) received.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just had confirmation that Golf Monthly will be bringing a fourball to attend on the day, names to be comfirmed at a later date. Huge thanks for their continued support.

1/ Fish
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
15/ Lump
16/ Norrin Radd
17. GM Towers
18/ GM Towers
19/ GM Towers
20/ GM Towers
21/RTR GS (Old Skier)
22/RTR GS
23/RTR GS

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whether you are attending the day or not, if you want to be more involved and support the day you can sponsor any of the below holes and/or challenges with a minimum sponsorship of only £10 paid directly to my Just Giving page. Again this is simply a donation/sponsorship with nothing in return, so you can add Gift Aid.

Laminated cards will be placed on each tee acknowledging the support you have given.

Please cut & paste and add your name & pledge below:

Sponsor a Tee

1/ Currently Reserved
2/
3/ RTR GS £20
4/
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/
17/
18/

Nearest the Pin

5th/
7th/
15th/
17th/

Longest Drives

6th/
16th/

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/

Play with a GM Staffer

1/
2/
3/
4/

Thank you

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site

1/ Fish
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
15/ Lump
16/ Norrin Radd
17. GM Towers
18/ GM Towers
19/ GM Towers
20/ GM Towers
21/ RTR GS (Old Skier)
22/ RTR GS
23/ RTR GS
24/ Khamelion
25/ Kraxx

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

1/ Fish
2/ Upsidedown
3/ Twire
4/ Old Skier
5/ IainP
6/ PIng
7/ Crow
8/ adasko
9/ GG26
10/ The Autumn Wind
11/ Full_throttle
12/ Bigfoot
13/ Wolf
14/ Grumpyjock
15/ Lump
16/ Norrin Radd
17. GM Towers
18/ GM Towers
19/ GM Towers
20/ GM Towers
21/ RTR GS (Old Skier)
22/ RTR GS
23/ RTR GS
24/ Khamelion
25/ Kraxx
26/ RTR GS

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The British Heart Foundation constantly relies on donations from normal people like all of us, like Rick, we may never know when we will need the help from that essential research.

Whether you are attending the day or not, if you want to be involved and support the day in any small way, you can sponsor any of the below holes and/or challenges with a minimum sponsorship of only £10 paid which goes directly to the British Heart Foundation through my Just Giving page.

Again this is simply a donation/sponsorship with nothing in return, so you can add Gift Aid.

Laminated cards will be placed on each tee acknowledging the support you have given and if you are a business I will, with your permission, acknowledge the sponsorship through various social media platforms..

Sponsor a Tee

1/ Currently Reserved
2/
3/ RTR GS £20
4/
5/
6/ R.M.H Logistics £10
7/
8/
9/
10/
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/
17/
18/

Nearest the Pin

5th/
7th/
15th/
17th/

Longest Drives

6th/
16th/

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/

Play with a GM Staffer

1/
2/
3/
4/

Thank you

D

Deleted member 21258

Thank you Darren, may I assign you a tee in respect of the donation.

Completely upto you, take your pick, Happy to support a great cause and the great work they do, along with the efforts you are putting into such a great day.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The British Heart Foundation constantly relies on donations from normal people like all of us, like Rick, we may never know when we will need the help from that essential research.

Whether you are attending the day or not, if you want to be involved and support the day in any small way, you can sponsor any of the below holes and/or challenges with a minimum sponsorship of only £10 paid which goes directly to the British Heart Foundation through my Just Giving page.

Again this is simply a donation/sponsorship with nothing in return, so you can add Gift Aid.

Laminated cards will be placed on each tee acknowledging the support you have given and if you are a business I will, with your permission, acknowledge the sponsorship through various social media platforms..

Sponsor a Tee

1/ Currently Reserved
2/
3/ RTR GS £20 (+Gift Aid)*
4/
5/
6/ R.M.H Logistics £10 (+ Gift Aid)*
7/
8/
9/
10/ DRW £40 (+ Gift Aid)*
11/
12/
13/
14/
15/
16/
17/
18/

Nearest the Pin

5th/
7th/
15th/
17th/

Longest Drives

6th/
16th/

Nearest the Pin in 2

12th/

Play with a GM Staffer

1/
2/
3/
4/

Thank you

* Denotes donation received.

Last edited:

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Fish,

I'm trying to arrange to join you for the day, do you know what time the first tee / shotgun start will be? Travelling from Berks so will need to stay the night before if the tee time is early.

Trying to roll it into a long weekend with the family to keep everyone happy!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hi Fish,

I'm trying to arrange to join you for the day, do you know what time the first tee / shotgun start will be? Travelling from Berks so will need to stay the night before if the tee time is early.

Trying to roll it into a long weekend with the family to keep everyone happy!!

Last year, even though we all went off the 1st tee in tee times, we didn't start until 11am. This was to allow those travelling enough time to get to the club and have enough time to settle and not feel rushed.

The flip side of that was that some had to leave quite quickly immediately afterwards.

If the numbers increase, at least into the mid 30's (hopefully higher), then a 3-ball shotgun will be my preferred format, that way we all finish at the same time and eat together and everyone can enjoy the full days activities and it won't feel dragged out too much and everyone can get away at a decent time, currently I can load up the front 9 if I don't have any dropouts!

I think with that as my current target, I think a registration from 08.30 and shotgun start at 10.30 will be perfect, if the numbers stagnate then a 2 tee start (1st & 10th) will come into play, again in 3-balls.

I hope that helps, but with it still being in it's infancy it's difficult to underline anything, but I think that's the objectives above.

I'll commit more as the numbers increase.

Robin

Homer

Visit site

Sponsor a Tee

1/ Currently Reserved
2/
3/ RTR GS £20 (+Gift Aid)
4/
5/
6/ R.M.H Logistics £10 (+ Gift Aid)
7/
8/
9/
10/ DRW £40 (+ Gift Aid)