Reviewers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I do understand the skeptisism about it possibly being spam and I can assure you that could not be further from the truth.

Spam is where you join a website for the sole benefit of promoting yourself or your own products.
It seems that is exactly what you did.

The second is because it will get more people talking about our membership and by word of mouth we will get more 'paying' customers.

See above.

If you want a few people to trial your site for you don't you think you have enough now?

Perhaps your 'pro' should have joined here (instead of you being his stooge) and given some free advice like we offer all the forum members... no money changes hands though so he probably wouldn't be interested.

In opening a website/business you have to be prepared to receive negative comments....to that extent... why are you telling people in your video to roll their wrists to cure a pull-slice? The clubface is already pointing LEFT so the last thing they want to be doing is closing it some more, if that's not a recipe for snap hooking then I'm old mother hubbard!

If you want to promote your business to your target market why not PAY for a nice half page advert in Golf monthly magazine?

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can I ask when you say you are 'a PGA Assistant 'what that means - does it mean you are a PGA Professional, or someone training to be a PGA Professional, or just someone who helps out a PGA Professional when they are giving lessons?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spam is where you join a website for the sole benefit of promoting yourself or your own products.
It seems that is exactly what you did.

See above.

If you want a few people to trial your site for you don't you think you have enough now?

Perhaps your 'pro' should have joined here (instead of you being his stooge) and given some free advice like we offer all the forum members... no money changes hands though so he probably wouldn't be interested.

In opening a website/business you have to be prepared to receive negative comments....to that extent... why are you telling people in your video to roll their wrists to cure a pull-slice? The clubface is already pointing LEFT so the last thing they want to be doing is closing it some more, if that's not a recipe for snap hooking then I'm old mother hubbard!

If you want to promote your business to your target market why not PAY for a nice half page advert in Golf monthly magazine?

James, if you read the opening posts it seems that its been discussed with GM Towers and they were happy to let it happen. As for the advice, its like anything, it can be interpreted a number of ways. I think it works well as a resource centre (although I've yet to look at it thoroughly I must be honest) but for free I think its ok. With the feedback bound to be given it has the potential to evolve into something very useful

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
James, if you read the opening posts it seems that its been discussed with GM Towers and they were happy to let it happen.

Yep, I read that... doesn't mean I can't have an opinion though.

"10 people needed for testing new website" would have sufficed, at this rate it could go on forever and the thread is going to get bumped endlessly with "thanks...you've been activated" yada yada.... typical spam.

Roll your wrists to cure a pull-slice indeed!!! I'm still laughing!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I maybe getting a bit gullable in my dottage but they seem like a nice group to me. Gut reaction is I like the cut of their gib.

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
Yep, I read that... doesn't mean I can't have an opinion though.

"10 people needed for testing new website" would have sufficed, at this rate it could go on forever and the thread is going to get bumped endlessly with "thanks...you've been activated" yada yada.... typical spam.

Roll your wrists to cure a pull-slice indeed!!! I'm still laughing!

James your posts on this seem very bitter and twisted. As far as I am aware spamming is an attempt to get you to part with money - at no time has Steve asked for any cash or bank details just given access to free videos and asked for feedback.

You can disagree all you want about the methods and what he is being taught but I am interested to hear what makes you such an expert to say that he is wrong.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
He's not the only one...............it's going to look good with all these new people joining this site. If that dont help bring in the money in the future then what will.

As Duncan would say to Deborah Meaden............for that reason, I'm oot.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He's not the only one...............it's going to look good with all these new people joining this site. If that dont help bring in the money in the future then what will.

As Duncan would say to Deborah Meaden............for that reason, I'm oot.

And whats wrong with earning an honest profit? If these people decide to promote a new business and allow a group to try it out with feed back of their experience, what exactly are they doing wrong.

I get really concerned these days with people that seem to think creating a business that pays for a living is somehow corrupt. Maybe Mr Salmond has the answer, he seems to know just about everything (Just like hormonal teenagers)

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
And whats wrong with earning an honest profit? If these people decide to promote a new business and allow a group to try it out with feed back of their experience, what exactly are they doing wrong.

I get really concerned these days with people that seem to think creating a business that pays for a living is somehow corrupt. Maybe Mr Salmond has the answer, he seems to know just about everything (Just like hormonal teenagers)

Dont know about the last bit, but nothing wrong with earning an honest profit and if you want to be part of promoting it then fine.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
just in from a night on the bevvy, woould everyone read the FAQ/GUIDELINES about forum wot it says about spamming, so cos M says its fine!!! it does say 'we have always stated that the forum belongs to the users'. but am i bothered no cos its legit spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nite and i pulled result nite

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
just in from a night on the bevvy, woould everyone read the FAQ/GUIDELINES about forum wot it says about spamming, so cos M says its fine!!! it does say 'we have always stated that the forum belongs to the users'. but am i bothered no cos its legit spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nite and i pulled result nite
Lol, if you've pulled why the hell you on a golf forum? Bet he/she is right impressed.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
was just thinking that myself... Unless he's posting whilst "on the job".. in which case, Well done fella, legendary commitment to complaining about Spam....

Status
Not open for further replies.