Returning to Golf this weekend!

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
I posted last week and got a lot of helpful advice for my my medical related extended golf break. I can now give you an update.

It was thought I may have had a return of Bone Cancer. The good news is I do not but as a result I am down to bone on bone in both knees and my left knee is very badly damaged by tissue build up that cannot be drained. I have Psoriatic Arthritis.

I have been given cortisone shots and will start a course of Vicodin next week to cope with the pain. Under the supervision of my orthopedist he is encouraging me to go out if I can and play a little golf and report back as part of my treatment plan.

This Sunday I will be tackling a 9 hole pitch and putt that a friend of mine has offered to caddy for me. It may not sound a lot but I am seeing this as the first step back in what is going to be a long road ahead.

I will be seeing a rheumatologist in a few weeks time to start either a biological medication that will reduce the build up and has to be given via an IV or a course of oral Methotrexate that will do the same thing.

I am not expecting much just to get around the nine holes. if I break 40 I will be pleased (par 27) and the holes vary in length from 66-180.

Many thanks for your ongoing support. it is much appreciated and allowing me to be part of this golf forum family!

Craig.